Dodge Dart Forum banner

BATTERY DRAINING OVERNIGHT

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  DodgeDartProbz 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I have a 2013 Dodge Dart Limited 2.0L, the battery is draining overnight after about a day and a half of sitting.
I’ve changed the alternator, the battery checks good, changed the BCM #3 30 amp fuse, but it is still draining.
Any suggestions on the next troubleshooting step?

#2 ·
You have a parasitic draw.You didn't need to replace the alternator.

#3 ·
You have a parasitic draw.You didn't need to replace the alternator.
Could it be the terminal from the alternator to the battery?

#5 ·
No, if it's charging while running, your charging system is working like it should. You have a parasitic draw meaning that something is staying on after you shut it off thus draining the battery. Please read the link and if you don't understand, find a mechanic that does.

Reactions: Hufman
#10 ·
Mine was doing this, also a 2013. It wasn’t “throwing any codes”. Took two dealerships and then finally a researching husband to come up with it being the instrument panel dimmer (the rotary one, to the left of the steering column). It for some reason wasn't operating correctly and was drawing down the battery. He ended up replacing it himself for about $40 after the dealerships had zero clues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.