Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow dart owners, I recently bought a 2016 Dodge Dart 2.0 sxt. I have noticed in the last couple weeks I have been having a battery draw and my battery has been draining slowly overnight. I just took it to the dealer and had them do a diagnostics on it and they can’t find anything that would be causing a draw and it took them a day n a half. Would anyone be able to help me or point me in the right direction into what could maybe be staying on while I’m not using my car? It’s a 2016 and only has 36,700 miles on it. I really love this car and don’t want to be forced to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated thanks.

P.S. I have a brand new battery in it now and the battery is barley a month old and I had the alternator tested and it was tested at 13.7 V with everything on while the car was running.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Start by pulling fuses for circuits that aren't essential. If that helps the drain, put one fuse back at a time until you find the circuit. If it doesn't help pull essential circuits overnight. Once you have a good idea of which circuit is causing the drain, you can at least tell the dealer where to look. Hopefully it's still under warranty if you have to take it to a dealer.

PDC-INTERIOR.jpg

BCM.jpg

dartpdc8b.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok awesome. I have and the dealer have pulled all the fuses and it hasn’t been affecting it and still draining but I haven’t tried it overnight I will give it a shot this weekend. Thanks ! And said I just went 14 miles over 36 k so the matter is in my own hands now lol

·
Registered
250 Posts
Has your dealer been able to do a parasitic draw test? That's a test where they use a CT clamp and measure the current that is running from your battery while the car sits off. That's the best test to start with if they have the proper tools. Pulling fuses will surely work as well, but will take more time to track down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea the dealer did a battery draw test and said something is drawing but can’t find it. They check the charging system as welland that is working like normal. I’m really lost on this one. I did some self testing and when I pulled one of the blue 60 fuses under the hood the light dimmed and was flashing in and out slowly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your help and suggestions. I have done my own draw test old fashion with a test light and pulling fuses lol. I narrowed it down to body control module #3 which is the green 30 amp fuse. Then I unplugged one of the blue 60 amp fuses which is the interior related fuse. Light on the test light went out almost completely. So back to the dealer Monday telling them what I found and hope this gets fixed. If you have any thoughts or suggestions I am more than open to them. Thanks again and much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
The BCM has a timer for some of it's functions. If it doesn't turn off any of those functions that could cause the drain. One of those functions is the trunk light. You can check by pulling down the rear seat back.

Reactions: Beitie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh that is good information thanks. So i did an overnight test and left the 2 fuses Green 30 and Blue 60 out. I went and plugged them back in and car seems fine and battery is still good and not drained. I did check the trunk light and the bulb itself isnt working anymore so i dont think it could be the trunk light staying on. But i am getting somewhere and will be taking it back to the dealer tomorrow and explaining to them what i have found. I hope its an easy fix or something i could fix i dont want to have to get rid of this car i just got it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Know this is an older post. Currently same issue with that pesky bcm #3 F06 fuse. Trying to get feedback

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been having same problem. New battery, new electrical harness. My Bluetooth doesn’t connect to my phone, it maybe the Bluetooth module. Anybody ever check it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve been having same problem. New battery, new electrical harness. My Bluetooth doesn’t connect to my phone, it maybe the Bluetooth module. Anybody ever check it?
I’m having the exact same issue. It used to take 2 days for the battery to die now it happens overnight, sometimes it only takes hours. I’ve been thinking about replacing the Bluetooth module at an audio shop because anything oem is junk apparently. My car is a 2013 only has 50k miles and has been nothing but problems.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
The 2013 and 2014 bluetooth modules were problematic. If yours works, it's probably not what is causing the battery drain. Trying to replace it with aftermarket will make your odometer blink because of the configuration change. There are correct ways to track down a parasitic loss, see one of my above posts. Throwing parts at it is just guessing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts