Dodge Dart Forum banner

221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hello everyone had a quick issue with this upgrade and thought the community could help. Got everything working perfectly but found out that after the TFT upgrade I don't have the brake light come on the cluster when I pull the parking brake. Do you think there is a sensor I'm missing or a setting in ALFAOBD?
Did you go into AlfaOBD and change the cluster type? Should be under the change car configuration and cluster type.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah already did that everything is working beautifully only issue is the brake light not illuminating when pull parking brake. Anyone want to try this with their upgrade?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you do the proxy? Changed mine 3 or 4 weeks ago I get both the message parking brake is on and between the mileage and right lower corner I get the word brake. I did the proxy don't remember if I changed cluster type.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yeah already did that everything is working beautifully only issue is the brake light not illuminating when pull parking brake. Anyone want to try this with their upgrade?
yeah mine works fine, after my upgrade the only indicator i never seen come on is the oil change light. But I change my oil every 5K.

·
Registered
11 Posts
can someone explain what alfaobd proxy actually does and why it's necessary? I've had my dart sxt for 4 years and have been living with stock everything, not even cruise control (i added it a couple days ago though). i would really like to upgrade to the TFT screen display, but i have no idea how to change the mileage, can i do this with alfaobd? also could someone possibly explain the differences in these panels: Cluster Panels ... just so I know which one to get. It's 2020 it really feels like im driving in an outdated car, and tbh it kinda is, but if i can upgrade without buying a new car i will be very pleased.

My car:
2013 Dodge Dart SXT 2.0l Automatic

·
Super Moderator
3,467 Posts
There may have been differences in the clusters depending on the model year and US or Canada. Usually when you order something new, they ask for your VIN and that determines the correct part. I don't know if alfaOBD will change the mileage. According to the Ram and Jeep forums, it is able to change mileage but I don't believe anyone here has tried it on a Dart cluster. People are successfully using junkyard clusters for the upgrade. You will also need the left side switch with the extra arrows. A PROXI configuration is necessary because the BCM will immediately light up your cluster like a Christmas tree when it notices something is different. The PROXI configuration resets the BCM so everything works like it should. It runs automatically, no inputs are required from you but you have to have the alfaOBD app on an android device with the OBDLinkMX or the OBDLinkMX+ bluetooth scanner. Those are currently backordered because of Covid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gotcha, thanks for the reply, I like quick answers rather than sifting through so many forum topics. Will any cluster work? Or should I listen to the part filter. Cause I'd rather go with the 300$ rather than 600$.

There may have been differences in the clusters depending on the model year and US or Canada. Usually when you order something new, they ask for your VIN and that determines the correct part. I don't know if alfaOBD will change the mileage. According to the Ram and Jeep forums, it is able to change mileage but I don't believe anyone here has tried it on a Dart cluster. People are successfully using junkyard clusters for the upgrade. You will also need the left side switch with the extra arrows. A PROXI configuration is necessary because the BCM will immediately light up your cluster like a Christmas tree when it notices something is different. The PROXI configuration resets the BCM so everything works like it should. It runs automatically, no inputs are required from you but you have to have the alfaOBD app on an android device with the OBDLinkMX or the OBDLinkMX+ bluetooth scanner. Those are currently backordered because of Covid.

·
Super Moderator
3,467 Posts
The $300 one may be the same cluster that you have. You could send your VIN with an email to Benny.
[email protected]
He could at least tell you the part number of what you have so you don't order that. He may be able to figure out what you need if you can find a VIN of a Dart with the cluster you want to get. Maybe search Copart.com just to get a VIN from a GT that should have the premium cluster. You could check the build sheet to be sure.

You could also check u pull junkyards near you. That will be way cheaper and you could get the left side steering wheel switch while you are pulling the cluster.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So without buying one with miles already on it, how could someone change the miles, i would't mind taking it in to a shop but it sounds like i might get a lot of no's.

The $300 one may be the same cluster that you have. You could send your VIN with an email to Benny.
[email protected]
He could at least tell you the part number of what you have so you don't order that. He may be able to figure out what you need if you can find a VIN of a Dart with the cluster you want to get. Maybe search Copart.com just to get a VIN from a GT that should have the premium cluster. You could check the build sheet to be sure.

You could also check u pull junkyards near you. That will be way cheaper and you could get the left side steering wheel switch while you are pulling the cluster.

·
Super Moderator
3,467 Posts
Only one way to find out, then let us know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently swapped my speedometer cluster about a month ago, I did a trial installation without turning on the car just opened the door to get an exact mileage on the used TFT cluster it was about 6k more than my car. I put my old cluster back in and drove my car until the mileage matched then did the swap my car is a 2014 SXT I got a cluster from a 2016 GT from a local yard for $60 and a new switch for $43 from a dealer. The GT had the smart key but after the proxy alignment all is good I love the TFT cluster one of the best changes I have done to the car.

221 - 234 of 234 Posts