Dodge Dart Forum banner

201 - 220 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
The CEL for disconnecting the battery is usually u1504 which is a communication error because all power has been drained out of the system. It appears to only get triggered on 2.0/2.4 2014+. There is a PCM update to prevent this from happening. If you're going to be doing work on your car get an OBD2 reader. Since you're doing the swap you might as well get the OBDLINK MX and alfaobd so you can do your own proxy
Have both, and thats the plan.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My swap to the premium TFT went well. I haven't check NAV on it yet but will be doing that later today.

While doing the swap I tested out some plastidip on some of the dash pieces as well. Turned out so good, I'm very happy with this miss so far. Only one little issue, which is I now have a service airbag light.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My swap to the premium TFT went well. I haven't check NAV on it yet but will be doing that later today.

While doing the swap I tested out some plastidip on some of the dash pieces as well. Turned out so good, I'm very happy with this miss so far. Only one little issue, which is I now have a service airbag light.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
For the airbag light you probably forgot to plug a connector back in. Check under your seats and the steering wheel

·
Registered
21 Posts
So i have a problem i finally found a decent priced TFT and it had 34000 miles. My car is at 40k almost. If i swap it can they tell how many miles i was at? I dont want to do anything illegal and i plan on running this car to the ground for years to come due to being underwater with the discontinue of this car.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
799 Posts
So i have a problem i finally found a decent priced TFT and it had 34000 miles. My car is at 40k almost. If i swap it can they tell how many miles i was at? I dont want to do anything illegal and i plan on running this car to the ground for years to come due to being underwater with the discontinue of this car.

the car's computer will still have the original mileage, however depending on your state, I know in California if I were to take my car in say at 60K miles for emissions then 2 years later show up with the same car and now its 40K its going to be on a report. Also the mileage would generally end up on a car fax. AFAIK doing what you want is not illegal it because illegal when you try to pass it off saying it has the lower mileage. I know on my pink slips and stuff or when you go to register it has a box to check about "not actual mileage" or something like that.

You could always send the TFT in and have it re-programmed to a mileage higher than what you have so by the time you get it back you just have to catch up and swap it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
the car's computer will still have the original mileage, however depending on your state, I know in California if I were to take my car in say at 60K miles for emissions then 2 years later show up with the same car and now its 40K its going to be on a report. Also the mileage would generally end up on a car fax. AFAIK doing what you want is not illegal it because illegal when you try to pass it off saying it has the lower mileage. I know on my pink slips and stuff or when you go to register it has a box to check about "not actual mileage" or something like that.

You could always send the TFT in and have it re-programmed to a mileage higher than what you have so by the time you get it back you just have to catch up and swap it.
Can dodge still not put mileage in?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Can dodge still not put mileage in?

Dealerships AFAIK are not allowed to directly program mileage probably to avoid the possibility of shady dealerships changing mileage and selling cars with "less" miles than they actually have. So no Dodge cannot program the mileage on the TFT.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Not only that but the witech software that the dealer uses doesn’t have the capability to reprogram the odometer in our vehicles. If they need to replace a speedometer in a dart they park it at the dealership and special order it from FCA with the correct mileage programmed

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not only that but the witech software that the dealer uses doesn’t have the capability to reprogram the odometer in our vehicles. If they need to replace a speedometer in a dart they park it at the dealership and special order it from FCA with the correct mileage programmed
Do you know if the mileage will increase on the speedo while flashing if the proxi alignment hasnt been done? I found one finally very close to my mileage and want to install it but it will be abit before i can do the proxi and get the switch to control it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Also please reply asap so i can order it. Thx

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Do you know if the mileage will increase on the speedo while flashing if the proxi alignment hasnt been done? I found one finally very close to my mileage and want to install it but it will be abit before i can do the proxi and get the switch to control it.

The speedometer will record miles without the proxy. I swapped mine and had it installed for 8 months before doing a proxy with Alfaobd

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Also a 13 speedo will work on a 15 correct?

Alfaobd is really easy as long as you’re using a supported OBD device. Get the Bluetooth OBDLINK MX and you won’t have any issues. It was my understanding that if you use a 13 speedometer you will lose the oil life monitor but I think that may be an option that you can toggle on with Alfaobd. I’m not too sure about that so to be safe I would get a 14+

·
Registered
95 Posts

Yes the mileage will go up, even before the proxi is done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this thread is a little old but i have done the tft upgrade and have used the Alphaobd MX proxy alignment and it has successfully stopped the miles from flashing. I even added the sales code for it. However my cluster's settings reset everytime i turn it off. Am i missing something? Has anybody else had this issue. If you have how was it fixed.

2013 SXT
1.4L

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wouldn't think it would matter but does the transmissions have to match would the TFT from a manual car work in an automatic car and read correctly

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I wouldn't think it would matter but does the transmissions have to match would the TFT from a manual car work in an automatic car and read correctly
After you do a proxy alignment it’ll read correctly.

Reactions: Artbluedart

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone had a quick issue with this upgrade and thought the community could help. Got everything working perfectly but found out that after the TFT upgrade I don't have the brake light come on the cluster when I pull the parking brake. Do you think there is a sensor I'm missing or a setting in ALFAOBD?

201 - 220 of 224 Posts