Dodge Dart Forum banner

181 - 200 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would like to give an update, i drove out to Brooklyn and had the dude do my mileage correction. Took him about 1min, He did it with the cluster installed in my car. Very slick stuff. I was amazed. It took me longer to calculate my mileage (i put the cluster in at home and drove to him, 52 miles (one way), so i had to add that to the original mileage from my old cluster) then it took for him to correct it.

Bottom line, i have a TFT cluster with the base non-touch screen radio and everything is working as it should.

18010798_820115901469152_6373724011748480173_n.jpg

total cost:$268USD
Cluster $75
obdlink mx $49 (i had an amazon credit)
Gas to Brooklyn $10
AlfaOBD app $44 (had google play credit)
Cost do do the mileage correction ($100 Cash price)

·
Registered
799 Posts
I would like to give an update, i drove out to Brooklyn and had the dude do my mileage correction. Took him about 1min, He did it with the cluster installed in my car. Very slick stuff. I was amazed. It took me longer to calculate my mileage (i put the cluster in at home and drove to him, 52 miles (one way), so i had to add that to the original mileage from my old cluster) then it took for him to correct it.

Bottom line, i have a TFT cluster with the base non-touch screen radio and everything is working as it should.

View attachment 92353

total cost:$268USD
Cluster $75
obdlink mx $49 (i had an amazon credit)
Gas to Brooklyn $10
AlfaOBD app $44 (had google play credit)
Cost do do the mileage correction ($100 Cash price)
how did he adjust the mileage? something connected into the OBD port or did you not get to see?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, he had this tablet like computer that he hooked up to the OBD port, he did some work on it, he told me he wrote the mileage to the cluster and the ECU or "head" as he called it. I asked him about what kind of device he was using, he chose not to elaborate too much. Just said it was very expensive. I looked online to see if i could find one exactly like he used but i have not yet found it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just spent the last couple hours reading all of this thread. I have a 2014 Dodge Dart SXT with factory navigation and buttons on the wheel. I am looking to do this. What all would I need to do to complete this? It has 53K miles on it currently, I would more than likely have to send it back to get it programmed. I do not really care about the mileage but I would have to get ahold of my dealer I bought the car from. I don't believe that it was covered anyways. I have the 6 button, NAV 8.4 unit. Would I have to get a PROXI done or is there a chance it would work by itself? Please let me know, I just got my dart about a year ago and have not found a successful forum site that isn't dead. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I just spent the last couple hours reading all of this thread. I have a 2014 Dodge Dart SXT with factory navigation and buttons on the wheel. I am looking to do this. What all would I need to do to complete this? It has 53K miles on it currently, I would more than likely have to send it back to get it programmed. I do not really care about the mileage but I would have to get ahold of my dealer I bought the car from. I don't believe that it was covered anyways. I have the 6 button, NAV 8.4 unit. Would I have to get a PROXI done or is there a chance it would work by itself? Please let me know, I just got my dart about a year ago and have not found a successful forum site that isn't dead. Thanks!
My recommendation is to find a TFT with more miles that your car. Wait till they match then pull over and swap it. I did it this way in my car and I've had no problems for over a year. If you need to get it reprogrammed the ONLY place that can do it is Odometer Correction Service - TVandNav2Go Don't ask the dealer because they cannot do it.

Swap is simple, take out the old, plug in the new and make sure you have the 6 button switch. The proxy will be fully functional prior to the proxi alignment. The purpose of the proxi is the program the TFT with the options and features of your car. For example if the original car was a manual transmission when you install it in your car it will tell you to push in the clutch prior to starting car. I had mine installed for 8 months before I did the proxi. If you want to do the proxi yourself checkout my thread on alfaobd

·
Registered
103 Posts
For the swap, what is the actual procedure to pull out the speedo? Do I just grab and pull? Are there clips/screws that need to be removed?

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
For the swap, what is the actual procedure to pull out the speedo? Do I just grab and pull? Are there clips/screws that need to be removed?

This will give you a good idea.

This one also shows how

Reactions: dart.heart

·
Registered
103 Posts
Should there be any issue if the speedo comes from a used US dart and I'm putting it into my Canadian dart? Any differences once the proxy is done and settings changed?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anyone every use the company, Dashboard Instrument Cluster? They were recommended to me to change the Speedo km's by Standard Auto Recyclers. They are local Toronto. No techs were in today when I called but I should have pricing tomorrow. Receptionist did confirm they can do it though.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Anyone every use the company, Dashboard Instrument Cluster? They were recommended to me to change the Speedo km's by Standard Auto Recyclers. They are local Toronto. No techs were in today when I called but I should have pricing tomorrow. Receptionist did confirm they can do it though.

There wouldn't be any issues. From what I understand these speedometers are more difficult that most to reprogram due to how they store mileage. Personally I'd just wait and find a speedometer that has slightly more mileage, once they match pull over and swap. That's how I did mine and it matches perfect. I've verified the mileage present on all modules in the car using alfaobd and everything matches. If you already bought a TFT then I'd check out that shop. Worst case scenario they can't do it and will refund you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to read everything in this thread so I may be repeating a question. What's needed to upgrade from the base radio to the 8.4 navigation? I'm being given the navigation unit with the bezel for free I just want to know if there's anything else I need for installation or if it's gonna be plug and play.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to read everything in this thread so I may be repeating a question. What's needed to upgrade from the base radio to the 8.4 navigation? I'm being given the navigation unit with the bezel for free I just want to know if there's anything else I need for installation or if it's gonna be plug and play.
You'll need the 8.4 screen and receiver which you have said you're getting. The AC controls and Sirius/GPS antenna. Swap out the old, put in the new. Enter the anti theft code and get a proxy alignment.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you have the base non touchscreen radio, there will be some wiring involved too

·
Registered
77 Posts
When installing the new steering wheel buttons for the TFT into the steering wheel, you need to disconnect the battery (obviously). Iv heard horror stories of a CEL light being triggered by battery disconnects, which makes me nervous. What is it usually, and what would the fix be?

Sorry for such a generic question..

·
Premium Member
6,165 Posts
When installing the new steering wheel buttons for the TFT into the steering wheel, you need to disconnect the battery (obviously). Iv heard horror stories of a CEL light being triggered by battery disconnects, which makes me nervous. What is it usually, and what would the fix be?

Sorry for such a generic question..
I'm too lazy to look up the exact error you get, but it has something to do with implausible data from the steering sensor angle or something like that. It's really nothing to worry about, it should go away on its own in a few minutes of driving (CELs automatically clear if the reason for the CEL is not repeated for a certain number of internal testing cycles). There may be some flash updates that correct this (some 2014-2016 Darts have overly sensitive conditions for some CELs that cause they to be triggered unnecessarily), but it's really no big deal.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The CEL for disconnecting the battery is usually u1504 which is a communication error because all power has been drained out of the system. It appears to only get triggered on 2.0/2.4 2014+. There is a PCM update to prevent this from happening. If you're going to be doing work on your car get an OBD2 reader. Since you're doing the swap you might as well get the OBDLINK MX and alfaobd so you can do your own proxy

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hey guys I'm trying to get the steering wheel airbag off. Any ideas?

2 10mm bolts in the back of the steering wheel and then 3/4 electrical connectors to remove the airbag

181 - 200 of 224 Posts