Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There isn’t too much new information on this subject. biggestjohn and other members did a great job at pioneering this upgrade. The only thing I haven’t seen yet in the TFT threads is the options in the 8.4 screen that affect the TFT. Basically this thread is about getting most of this information in one place.

Compared to the RB5 and NAV antenna install this was very easy. It is vary strait forward.

PART NUMBERS:

1-68140293AB - 6 button steering wheel switch – needed to control all functions on the TFT display

56054662AA – TFT Display – Manufacture Date: 19 July 2013 – Out of a 2.4L 6 speed Manual – VIN 1C3CDFCB3DD

05091894AE – TFT Display – Manufacture Date: 21 Nov 2012 – Out of a 2.0L 6 speed Auto – VIN 1C3CDFCA7DD

AFTER INSTALL:

An IPC proxy alignment is required – Lets your car know that the TFT is installed and stops the miles from flashing. It will not correct the miles if there is a difference.

UCONNECT 8.4 SCREEN OPTIONS FOR TFT:

(What I could find)

Units: US/Metric – Changes the TFT display units from US to Metric. Exception: MPH is changed with in the TFT

Navigation Turn By Turn in the Instrument Cluster: Enables turn by turn navigation on NAV/TFT equipped cars.

PART NUMBERS:
1-68140293AB - 6 button steering wheel switch – needed to control all functions on the TFT display

DSC01700a.jpg

56054662AA – TFT Display – Manufacture Date: 19 July 2013 – Out of a 2.4L 6 speed Manual – VIN 1C3CDFCB3DD
05091894AE – TFT Display – Manufacture Date: 21 Nov 2012 – Out of a 2.0L 6 speed Auto – VIN 1C3CDFCA7DD

DSC01683a.jpg DSC01688a.jpg

AFTER INSTALL:

An IPC proxy alignment is required – Lets your car know that the TFT is installed and stops the miles from flashing. It will not correct the miles if there is a difference.

UCONNECT 8.4 SCREEN OPTIONS FOR TFT:
(What I could find)
Units: US/Metric – Changes the TFT display units from US to Metric. Exception: MPH is changed in the TFT

DSC01693a.jpg DSC01694a.jpg DSC01695a.jpg DSC01696a.jpg

Navigation Turn By Turn in the Instrument Cluster: Enables turn by turn navigation on NAV/TFT equipped cars.

DSC01698a.jpg DSC01699a.jpg

Please let me know if you have additional information or part numbers. I will add them to this post. Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
so tft is plug and play (minus programming for miles) or you need to install 8.4 touch in order to get it which seems like a pain to do?

also @Viper would any screen you mentioned above fit the 2013 1.4t 6 speed manual dart?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Stupid question and I am sure you can't but can you have the tft cluster with the base radio?
I'm sure you could add it with the base radio. I don't think anyone has done it, but I'm pretty sure the only thing you'd need the 8.4 is for the nav in the cluster panel.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Tft will work with the base radio. Miles will need to be corrected and dealer will need to do a proxi alignment to stop the mileage from flashing as well. You will also need the 6 button steering wheel control on the left side to navigate through all the menu options. Other then that your good to go.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I have an SE and plan on finding a TFT to swap in with the base radio. Working on buying a Steering wheel from a limited( I hate the Urethane wheel that comes on the SE) which will have both the EVIC switch and Cruise all for what it would cost me to add the cruise buttons :cool2:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Check eBay.
They had or maybe still have a tft for sale on there for like 60 bucks. As for the switch bought mine from factorychryslerparts. Com for like 24 dollars.

·
Registered
205 Posts
1- Why does your TFT Screen say DART, mine says DODGE
2- Yes you can install the TFT with the base radio I've had mine like that for about 9 months now, no issues after the proxi

Reactions: SoopaMane

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so tft is plug and play (minus programming for miles) or you need to install 8.4 touch in order to get it which seems like a pain to do?

also @Viper would any screen you mentioned above fit the 2013 1.4t 6 speed manual dart?
Yes. When I plugged in the TFT from the 2.4 manual, it showed as a auto.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
1- Why does your TFT Screen say DART, mine says DODGE
2- Yes you can install the TFT with the base radio I've had mine like that for about 9 months now, no issues after the proxi
Not sure. Both of my TFT displays say “Dart” and there is 7 months difference between build dates.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much would the conversion be? from having NONE of that ^^^ whatsoever???
This is a rough estimate
$50 – 6 button steering wheel switch (Installed by you) - New
$200 – TFT Display (Installed by you) - Used
$50 – labor for the Proxy Alignment (1/2 labor)

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's a pretty close estimate. Steering wheel switch is only like 24, I paid 22 for mine. The tft can be had I've seen them on eBay for as little as 60. The dealer from what I have read and been charged it's about 115. So for about 200 it can be done. Not bad for a sweet upgrade.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Man, I really wish the cluster mileage could be changed to match the car. I have one just sitting around. I haven't gotten around to putting it in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can never find the right part, I go to car-parts.com but they never list model number (or at least I don't know where to look) and usually after e-mailing back and forth a million times I discover it is the standard cluster I already have.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I can never find the right part, I go to car-parts.com but they never list model number (or at least I don't know where to look) and usually after e-mailing back and forth a million times I discover it is the standard cluster I already have.
Tell them to take some pictures for you, you can easily tell which is which, the TFT will have an empty space in the center and two regular gauges on either side.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yeah, it can be frustrating as most of the time they aren't aware of the difference. As Orange said, pics are the best way to be sure but you can also narrow your search by keying in on the ones from 'Limited's and 'GT's as they all came equipped with these. I just got my switch in the mail so I'll be doing mine soon. =)

new switch.jpg

1 - 20 of 224 Posts