Dodge Dart Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
@biggestjohn I searched, found nothing. When you have a chance please either show us how, or send a link to the thread.
To reset it just hold the switch down when the window is down keep holding the switch for a few seconds. Then hold the switch up till it all the way up and continue to hold for a few seconds. Should fix it. Had the same thing happen to me after the Flash for the Transimission

IE pass side worked Driver didnt.

·
Registered
667 Posts
If memory serves me correctly you roll the window all the way down and hold the button for three seconds, then roll it all the way up and hold it again for three seconds.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm gonna try this in a bit when I get home. I'll post up the results shortly.

·
Registered
843 Posts
To reset it just hold the switch down when the window is down keep holding the switch for a few seconds. Then hold the switch up till it all the way up and continue to hold for a few seconds. Should fix it. Had the same thing happen to me after the Flash for the Transimission

What he said

·
Registered
667 Posts

Yea, what he said.

Note to self: Read the new posts. Duh

·
Registered
308 Posts
What? My passenger side never had it. Answers needed.......
Only on the limited and mopar13 Darts you can have 1 touch on both driver and passenger side, if you hold them for a second they won't roll down all the way, you just gotta give it a quick touch, rallye and sxt's are roll down with one touch only on the drivers side, I know this because I had a rallye and now I have a Limited.
@IamVILLAIN

·
Registered
21 Posts
May be already understood...but the actual "Owners Manual" (not the user's guide; I had to download the full owners manual online) has the following instructions on page 44:

-----------------
Reset Auto-Up

Should the Auto Up feature stop working, the window may need to be reset.
To reset Auto Up:
1. Make sure the door is fully closed.
2. Pull the window switch up to close the window completely and continue to hold the switch up for an additional two seconds after the window is closed.
3. Push the window switch down firmly to the second detent to open the window completely and continue to hold the switch down for an additional two seconds after the window is fully open.
-------------

·
Registered
434 Posts
Only on the limited and mopar13 Darts you can have 1 touch on both driver and passenger side, if you hold them for a second they won't roll down all the way, you just gotta give it a quick touch, rallye and sxt's are roll down with one touch only on the drivers side, I know this because I had a rallye and now I have a Limited.
@IamVILLAIN
As well as the GT model. My Rallye was as you described. One touch down (Only down, no up) only on drivers side.. My GT has auto up and down, both driver, and passenger.

·
Registered
308 Posts
As well as the GT model. My Rallye was as you described. One touch down (Only down, no up) only on drivers side.. My GT has auto up and down, both driver, and passenger.
yea I know, it's just at the time there wasn't a GT available to look at, GT interior i think is even nicer then the limited1.4T, and the new Limited2.4 has less things then the limited1.4, like no dual exauhst tips, no light in the cup holders or lights under the mirrors, and some of the new darts don't get the racetrack interior light, also noticed some of the new seats are different, they look a little bigger, wider xP, I could go on and on with all the changes I've seen, I work at a dodge dealer :p lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. Bought my daughter a 2013 SXT 2.0 A/T the other day. I'm a Dodge guy, but personally prefer a 5.7 hemi..

So the master switch rolled the rear left window down, but later on it wouldn't roll back up with either switch..

My first instinct, I pull the switch out of the rear right side and plug it into the left to determine if it was a problem with the switch or the motor, regulator, wiring, etc.

Nothing from the rear left switch, but the master switch did roll it up and down. So I mashed the child lock button.. and the rear switch still wouldn't work. Then the master switch wouldn't move the rear window.. mashing the child lock over and over.

I move the rear left switch back to the right side.. exactly like it was before I started. Now the master switch won't move the rear right window, either. Front windows work fine.

The only thing I did, that made that window not work, was push the child lock button.

My question is about the "reset" process. It sounds promising, but I'd only think to reset a switch if it wasn't working. If your window won't move up and down, how how could you still reset it?

Thanks. It's late now, but I'll be trying any fixes in the morning.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts