Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my m13 came with power windows. The windows are one touch down and one touch up. Today my drivers window lost the one touch function, but the passenger window still has the one touch.
I've played with it a bit and can't figure it out. Can someone please shed some light as to wether I can turn this function on/off or if this is a malfunction and I need to see a dealer.

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,445 Posts
I'm having problems with my passenger side window too. It sometimes works, other times won't, and occasionally can't even get it to go down manually!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm having problems with my passenger side window too. It sometimes works, other times won't, and occasionally can't even get it to go down manually!
We gotta have someone around here that knows. I could chalk this up to begin an issue in a first run car but these switches are the same in the abarth I sat in if my memory serves me correct.

I've been through the owners manual and there's nothing. Nothing in the 8.4, and nothing in the gauge cluster command center. I'm one of those guys that if something that small doesn't work i go nuts.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speaking of dealers. Do I have to go to the dealer I bought it from? Or can I go to one a bit closer like the one around the corner from me? Because a 100 mile trip is unnecessary mileage for a window switch.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine sometimes don't work either, but they usually start working again fairly soon. Not sure what makes them do that.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Speaking of dealers. Do I have to go to the dealer I bought it from? Or can I go to one a bit closer like the one around the corner from me? Because a 100 mile trip is unnecessary mileage for a window switch.
I go to a dealer much closer to my house then where I purchased my car. I have been told any warranty work can be done at any Dodge dealer.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good to know. Hopefully I can make it down tomorrow to this one down the street from me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The M13 and Limited have an auto driver/passenger up AND down feature available with the premium package. All others, if I'm not mistaken have on driver's side auto feature (possibly only down... Not sure). If you compare the two cars, the premium package buttons are different. They don't have a second "click" like the SE, SXT, and Rallye does.

My auto up/down feature has always worked fine. Should probably check with your dealer when you get a chance. I would assume the button is most likely at fault, but it could be any number of things. Per my knowledge, though, there isn't a way to turn the feature off on any given window.

Hope this clears up some confusion!

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,445 Posts
The M13 and Limited have an auto driver/passenger up AND down feature available with the premium package. All others, if I'm not mistaken have on driver's side auto feature (possibly only down... Not sure). If you compare the two cars, the premium package buttons are different. They don't have a second "click" like the SE, SXT, and Rallye does.

My auto up/down feature has always worked fine. Should probably check with your dealer when you get a chance. I would assume the button is most likely at fault, but it could be any number of things. Per my knowledge, though, there isn't a way to turn the feature off on any given window.

Hope this clears up some confusion!
We have the feature but not the premium package. Wasn't available to the M'13s

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Wolfram how do I reset them? @maxsteellimited thank you for giving some insight as to our issues. I'm going to try to trouble shoot this thoroughly before heading to a dealer as to not waste their (or my) time.
On another note I've also noticed my window Nazi button doesn't work either.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The one touch feature is also touch sensitive. A quick press and release causes the "all the way up or down". Holding the button down will operate the window then stop when you release the button. Make sure you are not holding the button down too long and cancelling the one touch function.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The one touch feature is also touch sensitive. A quick press and release causes the "all the way up or down". Holding the button down will operate the window then stop when you release the button. Make sure you are not holding the button down too long and cancelling the one touch function.
Oh no I can hit it ninja quick and it still doesn't work.
Mine I notice one touch=auto up/down double click and it goes manual. If I do one touch, nothing double tap it allows me to roll it down but isn't auto.
Might be vise versa with the clicks, but you get the point.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts