Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to enable the automatic high beams in a car that did not come with them. I have put the new mirror in with the light sensor on the back of it facing the windshield. I have also gone into alfaobd and in the car configuration change menu made present the "Automatic High Beam (AHBM) Feature". Then in the program customer features menu enabled the "Enable Auto Highbeam". Then did a proxy align. The proxy align completes with no errors and the automatic headlights feature functions correctly. However now the odometer flashes like the proxy align did not go correctly. I read the bcm code and it just says ecu mismatch. Does anyone know if there's another setting or requirement so that proxy align works proper and doesn't generate an ecu mismatch for the automatic high beams? I have also tried making present the "Automatic High Beam (AHBM) Feature Menu" in car configuration and I get the same results.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm trying to enable the automatic high beams in a car that did not come with them. I have put the new mirror in with the light sensor on the back of it facing the windshield. I have also gone into alfaobd and in the car configuration change menu made present the "Automatic High Beam (AHBM) Feature". Then in the program customer features menu enabled the "Enable Auto Highbeam". Then did a proxy align. The proxy align completes with no errors and the automatic headlights feature functions correctly. However now the odometer flashes like the proxy align did not go correctly. I read the bcm code and it just says ecu mismatch. Does anyone know if there's another setting or requirement so that proxy align works proper and doesn't generate an ecu mismatch for the automatic high beams? I have also tried making present the "Automatic High Beam (AHBM) Feature Menu" in car configuration and I get the same results.
I installed the Smart Beam mirror in both my Ram and Durango and it was really straightforward. I want to do it in the Dart, but wasn't sure if it was wired for it. Did yours have all of the wires in the harness at the mirror? I would check the settings I listed below and do another Proxy Alignment.

These are the basic settings I changed in them
Auto Highbeam
Select “yes”

Interior EC Mirror Present
Select“yes”

Smart Beam Present (AHBM)
Select “yes"

Auto High Beam Module Location
Select “ECC_AHBM"

Auto High Beam CSM
Select “yes”

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed the Smart Beam mirror in both my Ram and Durango and it was really straightforward. I want to do it in the Dart, but wasn't sure if it was wired for it. Did yours have all of the wires in the harness at the mirror? I would check the settings I listed below and do another Proxy Alignment.

These are the basic settings I changed in them
Auto Highbeam
Select “yes”

Interior EC Mirror Present
Select“yes”

Smart Beam Present (AHBM)
Select “yes"

Auto High Beam Module Location
Select “ECC_AHBM"

Auto High Beam CSM
Select “yes”
Thanks I'll look for that module location setting. I just disabled it since I couldn't get it to proxy align properly. But mine started with just a regular mirror and I upgraded it to the auto dimming mirror first and I had to repin the connection but all the existing wires were there. And the auto dimming works well and no errors in proxy. So the wiring for both the auto dimming and the automatic high beams I believe is the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks I'll look for that module location setting. I just disabled it since I couldn't get it to proxy align properly. But mine started with just a regular mirror and I upgraded it to the auto dimming mirror first and I had to repin the connection but all the existing wires were there. And the auto dimming works well and no errors in proxy. So the wiring for both the auto dimming and the automatic high beams I believe is the same.
Awesome, let me know if that fixes it for you. Do you know what year the mirror you have came out of ? Also, what year is your car?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought a Smartbeam mirror for my Dart. I kept forgetting to dim it because I put them in my Ram and Durango already, so I thought I would try to figure this one out. My Dart is a 2013, so I made sure I bought one from a 2013. I don't know if it's right or not, but everything I was reading looked liked the newer model mirror may be different. I looked at the plug and the connector and looked like all wires lined up and they appear to. I plugged it in, went into Alfa OBD and searched through all of the settings and changed everyone that I could find to do with Auto High Beam and then did the Proxy Alignment. After that, I see the setting in the 8.4 to turn it on/off. I took it out tonight and verified it works as intended. Nice upgrade for $50. Just be cautious on eBay if you plan to buy one, 95% of the listings that say Smart Beam and NOT Smart Beam. Smart beam has a big sensor attached that almost looks like a camera.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, let me know if that fixes it for you. Do you know what year the mirror you have came out of ? Also, what year is your car?
Sorry, forgot to respond to this. The car is a 2016 and the car I got the mirror from is a 2013. From your next post it also seems that maybe part of my problem is I don't have the 8.4. I was just enabling it through the software. Technically the smart beams do function and work though as I took it out driving and tested them. It's just the proxy align wouldn't finish so I disabled it again to make the flashing odometer go away. I still haven't tried looking for the "Auto High Beam Module Location" setting though like you mentioned. I did set all the others though except for that one. I believe the wiring for all the years is the same. It's not my car though so I only work on it sometimes cause my kid is always driving it around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah it seemed to succeed as well with no errors during alignment. It just went to a flashing odometer after turning it off and on again and gave some ecu mismatch error code that wouldn't go away until I removed the settings and did proxy alignment again.
Everything I read says that the '13 mirror is different than the '16 mirror. Do you think that might be the problem?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everything I read says that the '13 mirror is different than the '16 mirror. Do you think that might be the problem?
It's possible, but I didn't see a difference and my other auto dimming mirror installed just fine after repining the car side mirror connector. The wiring for the standard non dimming mirror is for sure different than the auto dimming ones and can be made to work by just repining the wires in a different order. But the difference between an auto dimming and smart beam mirror I did not see. They seem to have the same wiring order and it just uses the canbus to communicate for the smart beams additional sensor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's possible, but I didn't see a difference and my other auto dimming mirror installed just fine after repining the car side mirror connector. The wiring for the standard non dimming mirror is for sure different than the auto dimming ones and can be made to work by just repining the wires in a different order. But the difference between an auto dimming and smart beam mirror I did not see. They seem to have the same wiring order and it just uses the canbus to communicate for the smart beams additional sensor.
The reason I say that is that I swapped my auto dim for SmartBeam and made no wiring changes, just enabled with AlfaOBD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts