Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Alaska and it is starting to get chilly now. I am looking into Compustar auto starts for my 2015 Dart SE. I can't seem to find on any site what I need to do it myself. Upon some searching I have found that I will need the following parts:

Name---------------------------What I think I need
-Start Module-----------------FT-DC3-LC
-T Harness--------------------iDataLink ADS-THR-CH12 (or would the CH10 be better?)
-Security Sensor-------------FT-DAS-II 4 in 1
-Remote------------------------2WT9R-FM (is this a good choice?)

Do I need any other things, such as a programing device (OP500)?
Can I have two remotes connected?
Please help, that would be great! Thank you for reading this!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Auto start on a manual tranny??? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. An engine block heater would be a better idea, and easier to install, too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've never heard of remote start w/ a manual transmission, as the clutch needs to be pushed in to start. I agree with the block heater idea

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I've never heard of remote start w/ a manual transmission, as the clutch needs to be pushed in to start. I agree with the block heater idea
All you do is disable the switch on the clutch.

It's just a sensor on the clutch pedal that gets disabled. Many people do it as a mod to both cars and motorcycles to decrease wear on the thrust bearing.

·
Premium Member
6,259 Posts
Aftermarket remote starters usually support manual transmission installations, although many installers won't do it. It's obviously a safety risk, since you are bypassing the switch on the clutch that normally prevents starting, and more than one person has remote-launched their car into something by forgetting to park it out of gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts