Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm proposing a run for one of those days. Thats either a tuesday or a wednesday. I'm putting it out early so people have enough time. This will be an all day run, but awesome. I'm proposing an 89 run from wickenburg to flagstaff, BUT, a really neat photo op to end it.

We'll meet up at either 8am or 9am at the chevron gas station at West point parkway and Bell rd, right near grand and bell. From there, we'll drive out to wickenburg, and head up the 89. We'll travel through yarnell, prescott, through the mountains into Jerome. We can have lunch in jerome if we want. From there, we'll take the 89 through cottonwood and up into Sedona. From there, we'll continue up to flagstaff. We'll hop on the I40 and get off on 64, taking it north. We'll be on there for a few minutes and end up at the Red Butte Airfield. This was the original Grand Canyon airfield back in the day. It's abandoned now, but would make for an amazing photo op. The road to get there is dirt, but we shouldn't have any problems. Once done, we can take the 40 to the I17 and head back to phoenix. Who's in?

Red Butte Airfield (Grand Canyon Airport), Arizona - Ghost Towns of Arizona and Surrounding States

·
Registered
590 Posts
I would like to go on this but have other commitments that weekend. I hope this will happen again and we should start a discussion now so to give more time to pick a date and route that would fit the most schedules. The run you chose is a good one for the time of year and our state has wonderful options for every month so any time of the year would work. Count on me for the next one that I hope will happen with many Darts ruling the road. Please post a report on the run.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks arty. There will be more. Is there anyone that wants to go? I'm trying to get a head count for next week.

·
Registered
601 Posts
damn if i had my dart i would be in!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it took longer to get to than I was hoping, but it was worth it. Would have been a great group pic. I took my other car spur of the moment. Here are some pics
airfield1.jpg airfield2.jpg airfield3.jpg airfield4.jpg airfield5.jpg airfield6.jpg airfield7.jpg

·
Registered
601 Posts
oooo busted out the WS6!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts