Dodge Dart Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
My personal opinion is that this is way too much overly engineered tech in these cars. Keep it simple and it will work better. The 8.4 Uconnect in my Dart is great, until you try to use an iPod with it. Then it becomes unusable. Also, just by reading all the comments here, it's very easy to tell that no matter what FCA does, there is no way they can please everyone in this aspect. FCA would have been so much better off designing the car to accept aftermarket head units to replace their 8.4. I only hope and pray that Pioneer comes out with something in the next few years to replace my 8.4 set up. I know that would make my life much better.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I sure hope that we can mod/update our 8.4 navs. I love the touchscreen in my car, but when I took a 2016 Honda Civic for a test drive (which has apple car play, etc. in it already) I fell in love. Hopefully they come out with something we can get put into our car to be able to use apple car play, because it's awesome! That's also coming from a person who HATES doing electrical work, and I'd be willing to figure it out in order to have an upgraded nav haha. :D

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
and to think uconnect was one of the highest rated infotainment system when it came out.
Well obviously a Uconnect that is essentially from 2009 is not likely to compare well to newer systems. The Uconnect 8.4A/AN used in pretty much everything that isn't the Dart or Journey is significantly better in terms of features, and as far as I know is still very reliable, which is the primary reason that the Uconnect has always been highly regarded.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Fourth-generation Uconnect systems
In 2016, FCA will introduce a portfolio of Uconnect systems that include capacitive touchscreens, performance improvements of faster startup time, enhanced processing power, heightened touchscreen responsiveness, vivid touchscreens with improved resolution and brightness, the Uconnect 8.4 NAV system, and select others within the global portfolio, will include Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Sooooooo, does my 8.4nav get an UPDATE??? :D Or am I stuck seeing "samsung: (insert serial here)" while I drive... I have a 2016 GT with everything

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
Fourth-generation Uconnect systems
In 2016, FCA will introduce a portfolio of Uconnect systems that include capacitive touchscreens, performance improvements of faster startup time, enhanced processing power, heightened touchscreen responsiveness, vivid touchscreens with improved resolution and brightness, the Uconnect 8.4 NAV system, and select others within the global portfolio, will include Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Sooooooo, does my 8.4nav get an UPDATE??? :D Or am I stuck seeing "samsung: (insert serial here)" while I drive... I have a 2016 GT with everything
It's not coming to the Dart, as the Dart is officially dead. Furthermore, the software of Apple Carplay would need brand new UConnect hardware as the current UConnect hardware/software is already sorely outdated. The new hardware/software is for only newer FCA vehicles. I'm not even sure one could retrofit it down to the Dart, but with money anything is possible.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It's not coming to the Dart, as the Dart is officially dead. Furthermore, the software of Apple Carplay would need brand new UConnect hardware as the current UConnect hardware/software is already sorely outdated. The new hardware/software is for only newer FCA vehicles. I'm not even sure one could retrofit it down to the Dart, but with money anything is possible.
You just called my dart dead? :(

Just crushed my dreams, how can you sleep at night.

LOL thanks

·
Registered
712 Posts
So has FCA said the idea of a software update for the Dart is dead?
Dead a long time ago, we were stuck on one of the old uconnects that they came out with after last gens. If our car come out a year later it would have the newest uconnect

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Is this real? hasnt anyone used it and know if it would work in our cars?

Uconnect 8.4 Android System | Sweden Car Performance

Here's a video from the company showing the product working on a dodge ram
No, this won't work with the Dart. It says on the site you linked to which Uconnect systems it's compatible with. It's compatible with the Uconnect 8.4A (RA3 and RA4 in North America), which is manufactured by Harmon Kardon. The Dart uses the RE2 (no nav) or RB5 (nav) Uconnect 8.4/8.4N, which is manufactured by Panasonic. Other than maybe being connected to the same physical touchscreen, which is separate from the Uconnect radio unit itself, there is literally nothing in common between the Uconnect 8.4 and Uconnect 8.4A.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nope won't work... the older U Connect systems aren't upgradeable to the newer systems... the newer systems have embedded cellular technology (the newest is 4G LTE, slightly older systems use 3G CDMA), and are manufactured by Harman instead of Panasonic like the older systems.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
About this Discussion
54 Replies
30 Participants
dartguy95
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing