Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so yes I searched and did not find any info.

I've got a 2014 Dart GT with the sport suspension currently running on 225/40/18s. Does anyone have any information (or is anyone running a larger size) I'd like a little more side wall to contend with these wonderfully smooth New England roads. I'd like at least another 5% rubber, 10% would be optimum but I'm concerned that they won't fit on the 18s.... and I really don't want to have to drop to 17s to get the extra rubber.

*notes, I'm not concerned with speedo changes, just looking to know if a taller sidewall will fit on the GT sport suspension on the 18 inch rims without any rubbing/fitment issues.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@MJZ there are plenty of answers here as well as here in this newer thread: http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-wheels-tires/29805-i-need-more-beef.html. Not sure what else you are looking for, but those two links should be able to point you in the right direction for running a thicker side wall...
Thanks @youngsmith53
I've read both of those and they don't seem to apply to the specific situation of having the GT size rims (18s) with the GT Sport Suspension. I also searched for 225/45 and 225/50 and came up with no results.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Ok so yes I searched and did not find any info.

I've got a 2014 Dart GT with the sport suspension currently running on 225/40/18s. Does anyone have any information (or is anyone running a larger size) I'd like a little more side wall to contend with these wonderfully smooth New England roads. I'd like at least another 5% rubber, 10% would be optimum but I'm concerned that they won't fit on the 18s.... and I really don't want to have to drop to 17s to get the extra rubber.

*notes, I'm not concerned with speedo changes, just looking to know if a taller sidewall will fit on the GT sport suspension on the 18 inch rims without any rubbing/fitment issues.

Thanks!
I have been running a 235/45/18 on my car for since a month after I bought it. 225/45 would be better though.

image.jpg image.jpg

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been running a 235/45/18 on my car for since a month after I bought it. 225/45 would be better though.

Thanks @T-Rex, what's the offset on those rims? 10 mm thinner but the same rubber height as you sounds good, have you had ANY issues with corners, tight radius turning or dips at a decent speed? My yaris would rub when I hit this 1 dip leaving work, so did the 2015 charger I was renting for a while now that I think about it...

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
50 would be your max on an 18" rim, I had 65's on a 16" rim for snows but they were too big for my liking. Switched down to a 55.

·
Registered
880 Posts

Thanks @T-Rex, what's the offset on those rims? 10 mm thinner but the same rubber height as you sounds good, have you had ANY issues with corners, tight radius turning or dips at a decent speed? My yaris would rub when I hit this 1 dip leaving work, so did the 2015 charger I was renting for a while now that I think about it...
The rims are 18 X 8 with a 40 offset. When I first put the 235/45 on and I had passengers in the rear seat, on big bumps I had a little rub. There is a tab on the rear fender where it meets the upper rear bumper. If you trim that tab off, no more rubbing. I have had no rubs in the corners or any other time since removing the tabs. With a 225/45/18, it probably would not rub at all, on stock suspension anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
50 would be your max on an 18" rim, I had 65's on a 16" rim for snows but they were too big for my liking. Switched down to a 55.

Curious aswell there's so w michiline winter's I'm getting that are 225x50R17. Will they fit my Mopar dart

1 - 9 of 9 Posts