Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
This is the exact noise that my dart makes in reverse... the only way ive gotten it to stop is to keep the rpms very low and very gently let the clutch out. If you let the car slowly work up to a comfortable speed in reverse it wont make that noise... or at least thats how my dart acts.

·
Registered
864 Posts
IT IS THROW OUT BEARING IN THE SLAVE CYLINDER!

my dart started doing it at 16k, now with 29k dealer is finally willing to replace slave cyl. and throw out bearing. I've been in dealerhip 6 times, and i was turned down 5 times saying that they could not find anything wrong or they could not replicate the sound. I called chrysler and explained them there is something wrong with it and that I have recording of service manager and GM from Dodge dealer saying that they heard something and that there is definitely something wrong...they called different dealership and set me up with new service advisor

I'm picking up my car today from the dealer and I'll let you know guys what they fixed and if the sound got fixed at all...
I hope not, because that's not where a throw-out bearing lives, caps or not.

·
Registered
28 Posts
IT IS THROW OUT BEARING IN THE SLAVE CYLINDER!

my dart started doing it at 16k, now with 29k dealer is finally willing to replace slave cyl. and throw out bearing. I've been in dealerhip 6 times, and i was turned down 5 times saying that they could not find anything wrong or they could not replicate the sound. I called chrysler and explained them there is something wrong with it and that I have recording of service manager and GM from Dodge dealer saying that they heard something and that there is definitely something wrong...they called different dealership and set me up with new service advisor

I'm picking up my car today from the dealer and I'll let you know guys what they fixed and if the sound got fixed at all...
Did this fix the problem? Was it covered under the factory 36k warranty? Mine just started today.

·
Registered
8 Posts
UPDATE: ok guys they replaced throwout bearing and sound was still there, dealership told me to replace clutch on y expense, i refused. and i had some other issues with noise from turbocharger and underpressure so i decided to sell it and run away as fast as I can. One week after I sold it new owner called me and told me that turbo completely went out and he had to tow it to the dealership, since then no contact was made. So my advice would be sell it, ASAP.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
This is problably what causes that horrid noise when you try to back up too quickly in reverse!

·
Super Moderator
4,671 Posts
This is problably what causes that horrid noise when you try to back up too quickly in reverse!
the whine or the clunk? lol if i reverse like any normal person, i get a terrible clunk. All i do is slip the clutch just a bit to start rolling back. I mean you don't need to go very far to even fully get into gear most of the time. And normally if you're just backing out of a spot or driveway, the initial slip of the clutch to start rolling is enough momentum to carry you back to your desired distance.

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
no no no no no no no no...

http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-transmission/23944-loud-click-sound-coming-transmission-powertech.html#post389337 (even though it says powertech it applies to "reverse")
OR
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-transmission/22474-anyone-getting-really-loud-grind-whine.html (never found a definite answer)

the CDV doesn't (DOES NOT) "make" a noise or "cause" a noise.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
no no no no no no no no...

http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-transmission/23944-loud-click-sound-coming-transmission-powertech.html#post389337 (even though it says powertech it applies to "reverse")
OR
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-transmission/22474-anyone-getting-really-loud-grind-whine.html (never found a definite answer)

the CDV doesn't (DOES NOT) "make" a noise or "cause" a noise.
It could be the determining factor to that problem... cause the loud grind/ whine that most people are having is due to the clutch bearing. BUT the CDV is causing the clutch to release at its own pace irrelevant to what you do. Trying to go faster in reverse while the CDV is still releasing the clutch would cause the bearing to grind on the teeth of the clutch.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
It could be the determining factor to that problem... cause the loud grind/ whine that most people are having is due to the clutch bearing. BUT the CDV is causing the clutch to release at its own pace irrelevant to what you do. Trying to go faster in reverse while the CDV is still releasing the clutch would cause the bearing to grind on the teeth of the clutch.
reverse in my dart is brutal, definitely have heard some funky noises, therefore i never hit the gas pedal when reversing anymore. i just let the clutch out slowly with foot off gas pedal until car starts to move backwards.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone have any updates on this? Getting the same noise from my car. Is it the throw-out bearing?

My car was in just over a year ago for having the clutch pedal stick to the floor. Would this still be under warranty then? Unless I'm missing something the cylinder and throw-out bearing are in the same assembly??

21 - 30 of 30 Posts