Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my dart off today at the dealer to get a full detail then a cilajet treatment on the interior and exterior. anyone else have this done on their dart? I'm curious as to others experiences with it. It sounds great and I'm really hoping it's worth the money spent.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I dropped my dart off today at the dealer to get a full detail then a cilajet treatment on the interior and exterior. anyone else have this done on their dart? I'm curious as to others experiences with it. It sounds great and I'm really hoping it's worth the money spent.
I honestly would never take my car to a dealership to get detailed.... they usually do a bad job and leave swirl make everywhere

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cilajet treatment is what Jay Leno uses on his car collection. It's an aviation grade paint sealant. Basically they say I won't have to wax the car for 10 years and it should repel any contaminants as well as keep the car looking brand new with just a hand wash when it gets dirty. They also offer an interior treatment that comes with a 5 year warranty. Cilajet auto paint protection. Cilajet automotive paint protection.

I went and picked up the car this evening. I have to say it looks amazing inside and out. they even treated my wheels. The detail job they did before sealing the car was amazing . not a swirl mark in sight. I need to take some pictures.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The longest lasting coating on the market is Optimum Opti-Coat Pro and even it has problems with water spots and contamination such as rail dust. There are no coatings, paint sealants, or waxes on the market that resist contamination. They do however make it easier to remove than paint without protection. I am curious to know what the contract says as far as how often the vehicle needs to go in for inspection and re-application.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
it's 5 years. I was told ten by the actual dodge dealership.

it's an airplane sealant only available for application at cilajet dealers. I don't have to wax the car for 5 years. no one said anything about swirls or marring. that's usually done from improper cleaning. They still advise removing contaminants quickly when noticed but only for ease of cleaning.

if I WANT to wax the car i'm to use carnuba only. no hybrids or polymer pastes. no caustic wheel cleaners either.

interior just needs to be wiped down with a damp rag every month.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
You do realize when you paint correct you are removing any protection on the surface while you level marring and scratching down, right?

It so frustrating seeing this. You only have 11 post on here and we are paying vendors. When we see people jump on the boards we PAY to be on and hear about these so called miracle products, we sort of laugh but get angry at the same time.

There is no such thing as airplane sealant. Chemicals do what chemicals do. Seems like a cool selling point though!

How much did you pay for this application, I'M REALLY CURIOUS!

Josh

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I normally would be willing to share more but I'm inclined to tell you to get bent at this part in the conversation. You've come off as a condescending jerk this entire time talking down to me because your a vender on this site and think you know more than the people i had work on my car.

how much was it? NONE of your damn business. I posted up on here to see if anyone else has experience with the product. Not have you come in here and act like i'm an idiot for having it done by anyone other than you.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think it's hard for people to believe some of these gimmicky things that dealers offer. I'm not familiar with the treatment, and can't claim to know anything about it. In general, I don't know of any chemical treatment that completely protects for extended time periods. Most likely, it will lose some level of effectiveness over time. Will your car be easier to clean than untreated? Absolutely, but I struggle to believe that anything can perfect for ten years... Especially if it's only guaranteed for five.

I'm glad it looks good, and that you're happy with it. At the end of the day, that's all that matters. Everyone has their own opinions, but it's your car.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
yeah I normally would be willing to share more but I'm inclined to tell you to get bent at this part in the conversation. You've come off as a condescending jerk this entire time talking down to me because your a vender on this site and think you know more than the people i had work on my car.

how much was it? NONE of your damn business. I posted up on here to see if anyone else has experience with the product. Not have you come in here and act like i'm an idiot for having it done by anyone other than you.....
This is were you take major offense but yet all i'm doing is educating enthusiast!

I did not come off rude or a jerk! I simply asked you how much you paid for this service and you still refuse to let me know, not sure why?

When they say its to good to be true.....

Josh

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You do realize when you paint correct you are removing any protection on the surface while you level marring and scratching down, right?

It so frustrating seeing this. You only have 11 post on here and we are paying vendors. When we see people jump on the boards we PAY to be on and hear about these so called miracle products, we sort of laugh but get angry at the same time.

There is no such thing as airplane sealant. Chemicals do what chemicals do. Seems like a cool selling point though!

How much did you pay for this application, I'M REALLY CURIOUS!

Josh
orly?? so that doesn't seem condescending to you when I wasn't here to debate anything about the sealant just ask if anyone had experience with it.

this thread was to ask if anyone else had tried it. Not for you to come in here and talk down to me. apparently asking about anything you don't know about offends you because you're a PAYING vendor for this site and my measly 11 posts must mean I'm completely new to the world of cars and detailing.

Sorry but I have every right to be irked with the way your coming across in this thread about something you haven't even bothered to research, because if it's out of your wheelhouse of knowledge it must be crap right?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Your car is still going to be subject to marring and scratching sir! Wax and sealant is removed when marring and scratching is seen!

How do we fix this? We compound and polish the top layer of the paint (Clear Coat).

When you compound and polish this layer what happens? You remove wax and sealant.

You need to realize when the clear coat is as smooth as possible, it beads and sheets water effortlessly. Wax and sealant are suppose to protect the clear coat from fading, chipping, peeling, oxidizing...etc.

Wax and sealant do not protect against marring, swirls and scratches. Even the most expert detailers still manage to cause micro marring when detailing. Its almost something can not be avoided, HOWEVER you can minimize it as much as possible.

I'm in no way saying anything bad about Cilajet. I am however trying to educate people reading this post that there is no miracle product that can protect the paint surface for 10 years! Especially if you are going to be polishing and claying the surface at least once a year!

How much did you pay?

Josh

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it's a 5 year warranty on your exterior from needing any polishing or waxing.. I was mislead when i was first told 10 years but I've since corrected my statement a few posts ago. I'm aware of what paint correction is and the process of detailing. NO WHERE in my posts did i say it'll stop swirling or scratches. I said they did a great job of not putting any on the car BEFORE they sealed it and not having to do anything but handwash the car greatly reduces the chances I'll add swirls and scratches to my clear coat.

for the interior and exterior detail and sealant/protectant it was about 700 bucks. it's definitely not cheap but I'm extremely happy with the results and time will tell if it lives up to the promises and price. not having to wax or clay the car for 5 years is worth it IMO.

@Mopar2You I'd check out their website, they have lots of info and pictures so you can make your own decision like I did :) click the link----> Cilajet auto paint protection. Cilajet automotive paint protection.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I highly recommend no one go 5 years without claying or polishing there car.

Whats worth it to you, is misleading information to others.

Mind posting pictures of your car?

You do realize if you ever want the car paint corrected, its going to remove your $700 sealant, right?

Josh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.