Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I highly recommend you just buy the factory one I replace mine about a year ago with an aftermarket one and it only made it 6 months I put the factory 1 back on no issues since then

·
Super Moderator
4,343 Posts
In my experience with aftermarket water pumps (Gates, Bosch, etc) in Neons, seems like all are made in Asia. Those all leak way sooner than the Mopar version. As much work as it is to replace, bite the bullet and see what the online Mopar sites can save you.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just want to be sure the Gates pump isn't the exact same one sold at the dealer minus the Chrysler logo. The timing belt I bought at the dealer Says Gates on it and is made in England. If I can save 50% on Gates and it's the same as OEM, why not?

·
Super Moderator
4,343 Posts
See if any local parts stores carry the Gates pump. The box should say country of origin. Same with pump that's at your local dealer if he has it in stock.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like China if you read the "Water pump made in" on the timing belt kit box.

·
Super Moderator
4,343 Posts
If the Mopar part is also from China, then there is no difference. I would pay twice as much to avoid something made in China.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts