Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody run 245/40r17 ? I dint see any reason they wouldn't fit but that's why I'm asking for another set of eyes on this one, and I won't dare ask about tire preference it's just not worth it

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,437 Posts
I have 235/40R18. I believe its the maximum width unless you get spacers. 245 may have some rubbing issues with full lock.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 235/40R18. I believe its the maximum width unless you get spacers. 245 may have some rubbing issues with full lock.
You're not the first person I've heard say that, but the 245/40 is only barely .40 inches wider in each direction over the stock 225's, it's hard for me to believe that the tolerances are that narrow and it's obviously a shorter tire so there is no chance of it rubbing that way

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
Has anybody run 245/40r17 ? I dint see any reason they wouldn't fit but that's why I'm asking for another set of eyes on this one, and I won't dare ask about tire preference it's just not worth it
I also am wondering this. I saw a guy on facebook get some new wheels and they were 245 and they are exactly what my girlfriend is looking for in wheels. Same design, black, and 18s and they are $119 a wheel! Can't really beat it. With that said one person said they might not fit. Now I have not a clue about wheels and tires. And nor do I really care about upgrading my own set, so if spacers are needed then that shouldn't be much of a problem. It would make the car look better anyways with them, and they are not that much from deyeme :) Only thing is I don't know the correct size spacers, or if that's all that's needed. I'm interested on what results come up on this so I can educate my self and make sure she doesn't order something that does not fit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm about to get tires do you guys think they would work on the stock rally wheels? I think they should work seem to be wide enough but just want a second opinion thanks

·
Registered
562 Posts
You need a minimum of an 8" wide rim for a 245/40 tire. With low profile tires it is very important to adhere to the min rim width specs for the tire. Because of the short side wall the bead won't seat on the rim if it's too narrow.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You need a minimum of an 8" wide rim for a 245/40 tire. With low profile tires it is very important to adhere to the min rim width specs for the tire. Because of the short side wall the bead won't seat on the rim if it's too narrow.
Ok thanks for the tip go figure there only 7.5 lol oh well

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
It would "probably" work, but as mentioned, an 8" rim would be better. And every tire manufacturer has a different range for rim width with their tires. Not all tires that are advertised as 245/40/17 are the same overall diameter or tread/section width.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have ran 245/40R17 on my Dodge Dart Rallye for about 5 years. I run Goodyear eagle F1 Asymetric tires. They lasted me 3 years never a bad wear never camber wear. I just got a new pair today can’t wait to rock them and how amazing they look on the car.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Darielpad
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing