Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting pet hair out of your DART? We have 2 dogs and 2 cats in our house and we always are tacking some sort of animal hair to the car. I've tried duck tape wrapped around itself and those lint rollers but still seems to miss things. Anyone have any other suggestions? i really don't want to spend time with a pair of tweezers pulling each hair off.

· Banned
1,380 Posts
You should be able to very lightly mist a little water over the hairy spots and just use the friction from the palm of your hand to wipe it from side to side into a ball. That's how I keep cat hair off our furniture here, and it seems to work very well. If that fails, then maybe try a shop vac with great suction.

· Premium Member
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found that with the vacuum if you go with the length of the hair it will pull it out of the fabric, it kinda weaves it way into the material. If you are OCD in any way then trying to dehair your car is not for you. its like trying to count sand.

· Registered
977 Posts
My gf keeps a lint roller in the glove box for this. I use a slightly damn micro fiber towel and it works ok. We have a pug beagle mix and for being a short haired dog you'd think it wouldn't be bad. Ha. Its as bad as a damn husky. Just shorter hair. It gets everywhere including the mouth?

· Registered
2,064 Posts
My gf keeps a lint roller in the glove box for this. I use a slightly damn micro fiber towel and it works ok. We have a pug beagle mix and for being a short haired dog you'd think it wouldn't be bad. Ha. Its as bad as a damn husky. Just shorter hair. It gets everywhere including the mouth?de20
From an owner of a pure bred Siberian Husky, short haired dogs are 10 times worse!!! I have a pet cover in my back seat for any time I bring my boy with me, no major problems there. But let me tell you, any time my sister's dog, or my parent's dog (both are short haired mutts)rides with me, i have their hair EVERYWHERE!!

My boy will shed a lot when brushed, but it doesn't really just fall out on its own... At least nowhere near compared to the the two short haired dogs I have experience with. Those two, shed just walking by you and get hair on everything!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using DodgeDart

· Registered
258 Posts
Hey all does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting pet hair out of your DART? We have 2 dogs and 2 cats in our house and we always are tacking some sort of animal hair to the car. I've tried duck tape wrapped around itself and those lint rollers but still seems to miss things. Anyone have any other suggestions? i really don't want to spend time with a pair of tweezers pulling each hair off.
Mix a 10% solution of fabric softener with water and mist over the pet hair, allow to dry. It will release the static cling of the hair and you can vacuum them. You can use a pet stone but I'm sure you already have fabric softener and water. There's no need to saturate, literally mist the area.

· Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Mix a 10% solution of fabric softener with water and mist over the pet hair, allow to dry. It will release the static cling of the hair and you can vacuum them. You can use a pet stone but I'm sure you already have fabric softener and water. There's no need to saturate, literally mist the area.
Neat trick, I'm going to remember that one. :)

· Registered
258 Posts
Neat trick, I'm going to remember that one. :)
Give it a try, should make life much easier. Pet stones run $12 or so, pumice stones are like $1 but unless you grind them down a little you will have lots of sand like material to clean up. Some people mist water and use rubber gloves but that just creates more work and you still have to vacuum. :)

· Premium Member
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My gf keeps a lint roller in the glove box for this. I use a slightly damn micro fiber towel and it works ok. We have a pug beagle mix and for being a short haired dog you'd think it wouldn't be bad. Ha. Its as bad as a damn husky. Just shorter hair. It gets everywhere including the mouth��
pug beagle mix...thats a puggle.. we have 2 of them. so you know EXACTLY what im going through.

· Registered
282 Posts
Take some duct tape or any tape, wrap it loosely (backwards,sticky side out) around your 4 fingers. and swipe across the area. If you wrapped it correctly it will work like a lint roller but picks up much better. You can also just blot with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.