Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to install a piggyback unit in the next month or so but wanted to get some input on them. I'm currently between EC's, Madness, and RRM. From what I've read here I'm leaning towards EC but would like some opinions from people who have them.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have been looking to install a piggyback unit in the next month or so but wanted to get some input on them. I'm currently between EC's, Madness, and RRM. From what I've read here I'm leaning towards EC but would like some opinions from people who have them.
EC seems to be the most popular. The RRM tune is outdated and most people I know that have it have since sold it for EC or Syked tune.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
My input would be to go with Euro+drive tunes, skip the piggy. I was going to do the same thing, until I spoke with Chris at EC. The piggy only controls 3 parameters while the handheld controls over 30 points. As you upgrade, you can go from phase 1 to 2 (or whatever your preference.) He said people bought the Euro+lite and returned it for the Euro+Drive handheld tuning system. So, I bought the handheld. It’s a more “personnel” tune for your car and it’s parameters, as well as making use of installed aftermarket parts. A piggy is what you get, nothing more. I am just providing info, the ultimate choice is yours.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If you don't need a tune specific to a certain mods list, but just want some better performance, consider Dinan's Delta Boost Control module. I've installed it on our own Dart and our Fiat 124 Spider (in fact, Deyeme Racing was the first one to put it on a 124, and we've created the instructions specific to that model!). It's sold under the Flowmaster name. It plugs in two places (MAP and boost sensors), and you can set it to valet (less boost), stock, +3 (sport) and +4 (race). Our Dart doesn't have an aftermarket calibration, but the 124 does (OFP Stage 1). For the 124, I installed it so I could de-tune it if we run into an issue where we can't find E85 while at the races. For the Dart, I just run it in +3 mode and keep 93 octane in it (blended with E20 in the summer). It pulls harder through the whole powerband, but it's not like a fist-full of mods and a custom calibration.

Installation on our 124. Took lots of pics since I had to create the instructions for it.

The screen on the smartphone app, which gives you a boost gauge on your phone and you can adjust the settings in seconds with it (so you can de-tune for running lower octane fuel in a pinch).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts