Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge Sound Quality and audiophile here. We will be massively upgrading the stock stereo. Oirs has the touch screen and the 6 speaker system. We will keep the stock head unit but run to a jl cleansweep then to amps. Still debating speaker ideas. Probably making and adapter and running focal 6.5 components in the front door, mounting the tweers in the sail panels or the a pillar. May or may not put the JL c2 6x9s in the rear door. Probably a slim sub like the JL 10tw3 in the trunk glassed into the right or left pockets. But most likely a JL 10w7 for the time being.
The only real question I need to find out is if it has a factory amp and what kind of siginal out the head unit has. This will all be a slow project, but I have most of it already aside from wiring.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I wish you luck @IndyDart. I consider myself a minor audiophile, though I focus mostly on my home systems (Bang & Olufsen, Pioneer, and Paradigm). From what I can tell from your post, you have a good plan. As to your question, yes every 8.4 Uconnect has an amp somewhere (possibly behind the glove box). Personally, I'm just leaving the stock Alpine system alone in mine. Specially since I'd prefer to change out the head unit if ever possible, that would be my #1 upgrade, but due to all the controls implemented in it, that is not a possibility as of now.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Huge Sound Quality and audiophile here. We will be massively upgrading the stock stereo. Oirs has the touch screen and the 6 speaker system. We will keep the stock head unit but run to a jl cleansweep then to amps. Still debating speaker ideas. Probably making and adapter and running focal 6.5 components in the front door, mounting the tweers in the sail panels or the a pillar. May or may not put the JL c2 6x9s in the rear door. Probably a slim sub like the JL 10tw3 in the trunk glassed into the right or left pockets. But most likely a JL 10w7 for the time being.
The only real question I need to find out is if it has a factory amp and what kind of siginal out the head unit has. This will all be a slow project, but I have most of it already aside from wiring.
If it has the 9 speaker system (so a factory sub and some 3.5's on the rear deck) its got a factory amp. The factory amp is located next to the tuner which is up behind the glove box. Tuner location is the same location for 8.4's without the 9 speaker system. Up behind the glove box.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uconnect 8.4 hu but 6 speaker system. Non-alpine.
Argree 100% on swapimg hu, but not possible on this one.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Great plan. I'm not as audio-philish as i used to be BUT I'm happy with their upgraded Alpine. I did put cheap black carpeted mats on top of my Weathertech floor liners...it really controls the sound on those hard surfaces and adds some ooomph back to the low end.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just scored 2 JL 10tw1 for a great price. I will do a build log post when we get started. It will be a slower progress, 2 kids and work leave little free time. Looks like the factory amp and high level wires are above the glove box. Hopefully the cleansweep will fit somewhere close. But then again 90% of the interior will be comming out for the install. I have a feeling my 2003 Taurus that I have already done will be less work of the two.
I need to get proper wiring and distribution blocks, speaker wire, and fiberglass materials (for sub enclosures each side of the trunk) and We will have all the parts.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have the 8.4 with 6 speaker system. I have added an amp and sub box to it though. Pretty happy with the way it sounds now, even with the factory speakers. I like my music and I like it pretty loud too but, my wife says I'm half deaf anyway...lol

MP17-17.jpg

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have the 8.4 with 6 speaker system. I have added an amp and sub box to it though. Pretty happy with the way it sounds now, even with the factory speakers. I like my music and I like it pretty loud too but, my wife says I'm half deaf anyway...lol

View attachment 104658
Badassory T-Rex !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Davidmk5
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing