Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading this board a while now, and thought I'd join to see if I can offer anything back since I've learned so much reading. I have a 2.4 SXT with the 6 speed manual. It's a 2016 I bought new. I loved how it looked so I test drove it. Handled nicely and the stick shift + 2.4 made for a spunky little thing so I took it home. I've got a little over 60k. on it and all it has needed was routine maintenance, so I'm real happy with it, and still enjoy driving it daily.
I'm early 50's and have had a number of mopars over the years, all B-bodies and some ram pickups. My old b-bodies were big block roadrunners and chargers starting back in the late eighties. What a lot of fun they were. I could never leave well enough alone though, so a couple of them ended up at some point being a bit obnoxious for the street, but good memories and funny stories, so all worth it.
I haven't done much to my little buggy, just a tweaked a few things here and there. CDV, Deyeme rear mount, and a MPX pulley to iron out the little lag down low when I'm rev matching. Basically just tweaking the little things to make it shift the way I like it.
Thanks everyone for such a great board!

·
Registered
2013 Dart Rallye 1.4L
10 Posts
Welcome to the board, joined here a few months ago as well. A friend of mine in high school had a Roadrunner, those were nice. It was the only one I ever saw, and I can't say that I've seen one since. My older siblings got fast cars and wrecked them, so I was the one to get an 87 Toyota truck.
How well does the CDV and rear mount help? This manual car has taken the most effort to get where you don't have to really think about shifting than any other car I've owned. I found having to concentrate on shifting the first 2 gears still after having the car a month even though I learned to drive in a standard shift, and owned two others since.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I found the CDV and rear mount to be a huge help. I've driven countless manual shifts over the years, and this one I just couldn't quite get the hang of. I had a time feeling the clutch engagement in general, and the 1-2 shift I just could not do well quickly at all. I chalked it up to me being picky, but the cdv helped a great deal with the "feel" getting going from a stop. The mount made a big difference as well. With the trans now staying put, the gear changes click for just as they ought to. Well worth the effort to me, as it now shift like I'm used to.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The clutch feel can be further improved by getting rid of the over spring. Its a small unit up under the dash on the firewall. I had to rig up a new return spring but it gives a linear push back now, that is a lot easier to feel. The solid shifter bushings and short throw shifter are nice upgrades also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The clutch feel can be further improved by getting rid of the over spring. Its a small unit up under the dash on the firewall. I had to rig up a new return spring but it gives a linear push back now, that is a lot easier to feel. The solid shifter bushings and short throw shifter are nice upgrades also.
Thanks for the tips CUDA69. Shifter bushings are on my list, but hadn't thought about the spring. Some days it still feels a just a bit mushy on the return. I'll give the spring a look!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts