Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Android 4.3 was release a few days ago and I have a galaxy nexus which I flashed to the new firmware. (Anyone needs help with this let me know)

Streaming audio and controls are fine but no media info. Calls work great, but not messaging.

Is anyone having any better luck then me?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Android 4.3 was release a few days ago and I have a galaxy nexus which I flashed to the new firmware. (Anyone needs help with this let me know)

Streaming audio and controls are fine but no media info. Calls work great, but not messaging.

Is anyone having any better luck then me?
I dont have 4.3 yet but when i get it i will try it and let you know!

·
Registered
16 Posts
i can pair my gfs nexus 4 with stock 4.3 to my car and check.

On a sprint galaxy nexus... so I'm no help right now :(

if she got a job she we would buy her a dart and she could check herself :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
no dice with my Nexus 4, with Pandora or gMusic. Thinking it's a UConnect thing. reddit.com/r/nexus4 is full of pics of it working in other systems

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@SilentStryk09 - Ya I think it's a uconnect thing too. The uconnect support site has varying degrees of functionality for all the different phones on different versions of android. Looks like the newer we are the worse off we are. I really hope they flash an update I'd love to use these features but don't want to use a stone age phone :p

I know that they improved the bluetooth in 4.3 adding back in ARVCP (media info over bluetooth). I hope we just have to wait for the apps to catch up.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
I'll have to check my Galaxy Nexus in the van to see if the old uConnect system has media info now. (It didn't before from my phone)

·
Registered
430 Posts
@SilentStryk09 - Ya I think it's a uconnect thing too. The uconnect support site has varying degrees of functionality for all the different phones on different versions of android. Looks like the newer we are the worse off we are. I really hope they flash an update I'd love to use these features but don't want to use a stone age phone :p

I know that they improved the bluetooth in 4.3 adding back in ARVCP (media info over bluetooth). I hope we just have to wait for the apps to catch up.
Quick! Everyone downgrade to 2.3! Lol

But that's seriously a shame. We should really all email uConnect and try to get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I asked uconnect if they would be gettign their ass in gear over the updates (said it nicer), they just said they are working on it... sure.

Personally, I have had horrible issues with my galaxy nexus and bluetooth audio (skipping) that makes it not even worth it. Dealer said it "interference" and that the BT worked fine from their tests. Funny thing, my friends Acura works great with my phone on the same route as my car.

Here's my log of issues:
4.1.1 - tough to connect, had to reconnect allot. - Not sure on skipping since it disconnected all the time
4.2.1 - Sounded like crap (high end distortion), started skipping
4.2.2 (CM10) - Sound better.. skips horribly no matter what program I use.

Hoping that 4.3 will be better, but not holding my breath.

I'm really hoping that the dealer will replace the BT and see if that works, but they are really not wanting to.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Works fine on my rooted Verizon S4. Sync'd today with no issues.
The question however is did it display the song info?

From what I understand you need 3 things for song/album info to work.
1 - Need device capable of AVRCP (check - JB 4.3)
2 - Application capable of AVRCP (default music player = ? / Streaming app = no)
3 - uConnect has to be capable of receiving AVRCP

My HTC One GE 4.3, works fine but no song/album info displays.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know, not an android but.....AVRCP does not seem to be supported (yet?) in the Dart. My iPhone5 plays music just fine, but no display of song data. In my 2012 VW TDI, Pandora, iHeartRadio and regular iTunes media all display artist and album and track info.

Big oversight by Dodge on this one! I was pretty disappointed, but not a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bottomline is the Dart does not support AVRCP. The only way it may support it is if Dodge later releases a firmware update for the uConnect system and it updates the Bluetooth software/firmware as well to support AVRCP.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I will say this though, I have a lot of skipping when using Bluetooth with my Dart running Sense 5 and Android 4.3 on HTC One. I sort of put it as being caused by my use of prereleased firmware.. It comes and goes, somewhat attributed to when the last time I restarted my phone... So I am sort of blaming it on my phone and not the Dart.

I have noticed that it is impossible to play BT from my tablets though. Tried it on Sero Pro and Samsung Note 8.0 both cause really weird BT issues when playing songs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts