Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I'm actually not that new to MOPAR. We have a 2016 Grand Caravan as the family car, but I decided to plunge into the hell that is this Dart, I kept hearing about.

So, I went and bought me a 2013 SXT with the Rallye(1.4L MA) package for 6.5k. Thought it was a good price until I ran into stuttering at WOT. Dealership didn't do any checks on the vehicle. They checked that it ran, cleaned it up, and sold it as a high mileage vehicle(89k). That's fine... I'll just replace the plugs and coils myself. Thinking of changing the deteriorating wireset as well.

What's this? My driver side wheel bearing is going out? Time to order a brand new wheel hub assembly 馃檪. Oh? A coolant leak? Seems to be coming from the 3-way hose connector... Oops. Wasn't fragile enough so it snapped and have to order the whole Turbo Water-Feeder Assembly because Mopar doesn't actually sell anything by itself. 馃し

This car gives me a headache... But I can't help but love it. 馃ズ

Registered
Hello all!

I'm actually not that new to MOPAR. We have a 2016 Grand Caravan as the family car, but I decided to plunge into the hell that is this Dart, I kept hearing about.

So, I went and bought me a 2013 SXT with the Rallye(1.4L MA) package for 6.5k. Thought it was a good price until I ran into stuttering at WOT. Dealership didn't do any checks on the vehicle. They checked that it ran, cleaned it up, and sold it as a high mileage vehicle(89k). That's fine... I'll just replace the plugs and coils myself. Thinking of changing the deteriorating wireset as well.

What's this? My driver side wheel bearing is going out? Time to order a brand new wheel hub assembly 馃檪. Oh? A coolant leak? Seems to be coming from the 3-way hose connector... Oops. Wasn't fragile enough so it snapped and have to order the whole Turbo Water-Feeder Assembly because Mopar doesn't actually sell anything by itself. 馃し

This car gives me a headache... But I can't help but love it. 馃ズ
Wheel bearing seem to be common on this car as well at the T fitting on the 1.4 Modern Performance sells a brass one, of you can just go to the hardware store and find one with some hose clamps. Hopefully if there was an issue with the Turbo it was already addressed.

Some have used this T-Fitting from Home Depot.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest... I've searched every auto place for the T-fitting, but I didn't even think about running to the Depot for it... I just ordered the assembly from a Dodge D for $20.

The Turbo seems to be running completely fine. I think I might adjust the WG a little as I read on here that somebody had success in increasing power by adjusting the arm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts