Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheels: American Racing Torq Thrust M (Black)
5x110, +35mm offset, 16x7

Problem: The front calipers hit on the wheels. The Rear fit is perfect.

Did I forget a measurement or a spec that I should have checked for?

The shop has already mounted the new tps and tires so I don't think returning them is going to be an option.
Kind of tempted to mill a "little" excess off the calipers to get the clearance, (just kidding....well kind of)
Are wheel spacers my only option?
Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Your offset may be the issue. Stock is +41mm. By going less, the face of the wheel starts to encroach on the caliper. Spacers are an option as long as the wheels don't come out past the fender.

ATV-Wheel-Offset-Explaination.jpg

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Add washers behind the wheels (just need to do 2 or 3 lug bolts, or just use long threaded studs) to see how thick you need. If you can add spacers, we have all sizes from 5mm way up to 40mm. Those are great wheels, and I think you can still put them to use. You'll probably just need some spacers to get the backside to clear the calipers. I've had a few cars in the shop with similar ARE 16" alloys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Resurrecting this thread, since there doesn't seem to be much info online about this issue. I also bought these same wheels, but in a 17x7.5 size and a +41 offset. The rears fit fine but the fronts rub into the caliper. Does anyone know the best way to correct this? Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Resurrecting this thread, since there doesn't seem to be much info online about this issue. I also bought these same wheels, but in a 17x7.5 size and a +41 offset. The rears fit fine but the fronts rub into the caliper. Does anyone know the best way to correct this? Thanks
The only way to correct this is with spacers. It explains two posts before yours how to figure out how thick the spacers will need to be (using washers).

·
Registered
7 Posts
The wheels spacers I ended up using are from motorsport-tech dot com, and they are the Dodge Dart 12mm Design 2 Wheel Spacer, a little pricey at 90 bucks for 2 of them but they have the hubcentric lip in the middle that fit perfectly in these wheels. Also worth noting that I purchased longer 40mm lug bolts to use with these spacers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts