Dodge Dart Forum banner

381 - 392 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anyone know if the Mopar '13 is part of the settings? So if you wanted to change Radio to Mopar '13 if that was a pre-built in setting you can switch to or is that just certain model cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone know if the Mopar '13 is part of the settings? So if you wanted to change Radio to Mopar '13 if that was a pre-built in setting you can switch to or is that just certain model cars.
If you are changing the radio to one from a Mopar then you would need to make sure all of the options are changed for that radio. Looking through the options (connect to BCM and select carcinfiguration change) you would probably need to change: 1. radio type / 2. audio system type / 3. Acoustic configuration (this has individual radio options listed) / 4. nav presence (if you are installing or removing) / 5. infotainment configuration (has Mopar as an option, might try it on mine to see if it changes anything)

That is everything I found going through the options, no idea what some of the selection options are though, like the radio type has level 1 through 5 as options, mine is level 2 but I have no idea what they mean configuration wise.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you are changing the radio to one from a Mopar then you would need to make sure all of the options are changed for that radio. Looking through the options (connect to BCM and select carcinfiguration change) you would probably need to change: 1. radio type / 2. audio system type / 3. Acoustic configuration (this has individual radio options listed) / 4. nav presence (if you are installing or removing) / 5. infotainment configuration (has Mopar as an option, might try it on mine to see if it changes anything)

That is everything I found going through the options, no idea what some of the selection options are though, like the radio type has level 1 through 5 as options, mine is level 2 but I have no idea what they mean configuration wise.
Yeah, i was just wondering I already have the TFT + NAV radio was wondering if it was just simply change the type and you get the Mopar settings or if thats a software update.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just sent him the log now, thanks for the info.
\My car did same thing yesterday one of the features i turned on ended up not complying with the Dart so i turned it back to default and it went away and all came back successful. I had to Proxi 3 times.

·
Premium Member
6,259 Posts
@jsblanch and @Dustonfoster, EDIT: My phone put a lot of typos, fixed them I think.
I have been through this exact situation twice with my 13 limited 1.4, both times were due to the BCM changing a config. First time it changed the electronic brake system type from what it was supposed to be "ESC + HILL HOLDER + ASR + TC PLUS" to "ABS", this was a mismatch for the ABS control module which caused the module to fail during proxi alignment. The second, which I found today finally, was because the BCM changed the "DYNAMIC STEERING TORQUE (DST) PRESENCE" to not enabled when the "ABS FUNCTION - DYNAMIC STEERING TORQUE" was set to enabled. This caused the steering control module to mismatch with the ABS module, but the ABS module was again the one not confirming proxi alignment. Just to clarify, I changed the setting back to enabled and it worked.

I would suggest going through all of your abs settings and any related settings to ensure that match what you have.
I don't get an error from the ABS module, it just won't communicate with it at all on about 90% of proxi attempts. And the war of error messages between the power steering and ABS modules was almost comical. It eventually resolved itself. In any case, I can't successfully complete a proxi anymore, because my convergence telematics module no longer works and it's not worth my time or money to replace it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't get an error from the ABS module, it just won't communicate with it at all on about 90% of proxi attempts. And the war of error messages between the power steering and ABS modules was almost comical. It eventually resolved itself. In any case, I can't successfully complete a proxi anymore, because my convergence telematics module no longer works and it's not worth my time or money to replace it.
I see, well I'm sorry I I wasn't able to help you out. I also had a CTM fail but I got a used one pretty cheap, I just left the old one in place and connected the new one and tucked it out of the way, I wasn't about to tear the dash apart for that thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you’re having issues with a certain module during a proxy alignment make sure you have the debug log turned on and then email Alexey the Developer.

I had an issue with Alfaobd reading the 2.4 PCM during proxy alignments. He sent me a beta version where I could manually adjust the Can timeout setting. Through trial and error we were able to see what setting worked and he applied it in future updates. I’ve had no problems since
hi I have the same problem whit my dart 2.4L 2014 can you tell me the settings you changed on alphaobd so it not get disconected when doing proxy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I switched out the candescent light bulb with led bulbs for the blinkers since I had to replace the bulb socket because they melted. Can I use the app and reader to turn off or edit the bcm light voltage for the blinker so I dont get the warning they are not working anymore. I am getting the app and reader because I have to do a proxy alignment due to my seat belt going bad and turning on the airbag light anyways and want to save the $400 the dealer is wanting to charge me, but would love to fix the light issue without resistors if possible.

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
While that is possible on other FCA vehicles, it does not seem to work on the Dart. You can try and let us know how you do it. Be sure to make a backup before you make changes just in case you have to go back to the original configuration.
See the RAM alfaOBD thread:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you and do I need to get any other attachments to complete the proxy alignment or just the obd reader and the app

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
You need an android device, the OBDLinkMX+ scanner, and the alfaOBD app. Other scanners may not work and may even give you a cluster full of lights.

381 - 392 of 392 Posts