Dodge Dart Forum banner

361 - 380 of 392 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
So without going through 18 pages, has anyone had success activating GLOBAL WINDOW DOWN ??

Hey Case ... long time ;)
Hey @ROYNA! So you have a Dart?
If you go to the Ram site, it shows how to make a back up of your configuration. Do that before making any changes and make sure to actually look at the back up. Do the change and then let us know. Most likely, you will need to do a PROXI.
The Ram forum alfaOBD thread:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey @ROYNA! So you have a Dart?
If you go to the Ram site, it shows how to make a back up of your configuration. Do that before making any changes and make sure to actually look at the back up. Do the change and then let us know. Most likely, you will need to do a PROXI.
The Ram forum alfaOBD thread:
Hey Case, yeah I had a few, all 2.0 or 2.4, currently have a 16 limited. Im familiar with the ram board, they get a lot more then we do. Tried activating global down windows on the dart with the proxy without success so curious if any had luck with the dart.

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
Hey Case, yeah I had a few, all 2.0 or 2.4, currently have a 16 limited. Im familiar with the ram board, they get a lot more then we do. Tried activating global down windows on the dart with the proxy without success so curious if any had luck with the dart.
I guess it's similar to the Rams, not every option in alfa works. Have you tried any other upgrades that do work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess it's similar to the Rams, not every option in alfa works. Have you tried any other upgrades that do work?
Nope, its a limited so already has everything. Just got alfaobd to program keys for a 14 avenger i picked up, cost around the same as taking it to a locksmith and it looks like a powerfull tool for what i do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
i have problem with my current configuration in BCM... (It's my fault probably), i didn't back up my BCM configuration and did try some changes in that module... I have this now:
C2206 - Vehicle Configuration Mismatch.
Whats worst- i can't remember what did i change....
So the question is - are there any good people, who could share with me a good BCM configuration? I would try to compare with my configuration.
My Dodge is 1.4 turbo Limited 2013.
I would be really thankful! :)

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
C2206 is an ABS code. Did you change anything there?

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Antilock Brake (ABS) / Diagnosis and Testing

C2206-00-VEHICLE CONFIGURATION MISMATCH

NOTE:
If the BCM has been serviced make sure that the PROXI Configuration Alignment routine is performed before continuing with this diagnostic procedure.

•When Monitored:
Ignition on.

•Set Conditions:
This DTC will set if the Body Control Module (BCM) and the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) configuration codes do not match on power up.

Possible Causes

BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) PROXI CONFIGURATION ALIGNMENT NOT PERFORMED
BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) AND ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE PROXI CONFIGURATION DO NOT MATCH
ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE/INTEGRATED CONTROL UNIT (ICU)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Guys!!

Just completed my TFT swap in my 2014 Dodge Dart, 2.4.

I got the TFT and 6 button module for $100 CDN! From a yard only 20 min away!

I did the Proxi on an android tablet with the MX OBD, only error I got was ABS failed.. however no lights on dash and at the moment isn’t throwing a code. Should I be worried? Should I run it again?

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
Clear those codes by going into the ABS module on alfa. Sometimes other modules get communication errors while doing the PROXI

·
Premium Member
6,259 Posts
Clear those codes by going into the ABS module on alfa. Sometimes other modules get communication errors while doing the PROXI
I get the same issue as @Dustonfoster where the ABS module just fails to respond during a PROXI alignment. It usually throws a code for a PCM configuration mismatch, or something like that (it doesn't set a CEL). I clear codes and re-run it until it magically works. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries. Sometimes it takes 20-30. The best is when the ABS module and power steering module both decide that the other is sending them invalid data, preventing the PROXI from running. That took longer to clear (nothing was actually wrong) than it took to change from summer to winter tires (I was disabling the TPMS system).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I get the same issue as @Dustonfoster where the ABS module just fails to respond during a PROXI alignment. It usually throws a code for a PCM configuration mismatch, or something like that (it doesn't set a CEL). I clear codes and re-run it until it magically works. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries. Sometimes it takes 20-30. The best is when the ABS module and power steering module both decide that the other is sending them invalid data, preventing the PROXI from running. That took longer to clear (nothing was actually wrong) than it took to change from summer to winter tires (I was disabling the TPMS system).
Should I worry about it? Ive been driving for about 30 min after ABS fail with no code coming up. Should I still do another Proxi?

·
Premium Member
6,259 Posts
Should I worry about it? Ive been driving for about 30 min after ABS fail with no code coming up. Should I still do another Proxi?
The odometer isn't flashing and you're checking in AlfaOBD that there are no codes? There are some codes that don't trigger a CEL, so you wouldn't know they're there. I imagine the ABS is fine, though, because it would have its own dedicated light if it was disabled. Still, I just didn't like the idea that the PROXI wasn't successful, because I don't 100% know what all of the implications could be.

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
Connect to alfaOBD. Select Dodge, then Dodge Dart (PF). Under Select Control Unit, Select ABS, then ABS Continental MK60EC CAN. Next screen, touch the Check icon, then touch the Clear Faults if there are any. You can do this with all the modules. If the faults clear, there should be no fault lights or errors and the odometer should not be flashing. If not, disconnect the battery negative terminal for a while and things should reset themselves. Just loosen the terminal nut, no need to remove the nut, and the negative cable will pull off. It should not have hurt anything if you drove with the ABS light on.
If the odometer is not flashing, there is no need to do another PROXI.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The odometer isn't flashing and you're checking in AlfaOBD that there are no codes? There are some codes that don't trigger a CEL, so you wouldn't know they're there. I imagine the ABS is fine, though, because it would have its own dedicated light if it was disabled. Still, I just didn't like the idea that the PROXI wasn't successful, because I don't 100% know what all of the implications could be.
I will drive around a bit tomorrow and check for codes. At this time there is also no codes in Alfa. I’ll go ahead and do another Proxi in the AM and report back. No harm in running it?

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
Why? If the odometer is not flashing, there is no need to do another PROXI. If you do run it, it may again give you that ABS error which you can clear.

·
Premium Member
6,259 Posts
Why? If the odometer is not flashing, there is no need to do another PROXI. If you do run it, it may again give you that ABS error which you can clear.
Whenever I do it and the ABS module fails to respond during the PROXI, the odometer is not flashing, but there is always a non-CEL error code of a PCM configuration error (on the PCM, not the ABS module). It also specifically says at the end of the process to clear any errors and run the PROXI again, since a module failed. I am not convinced that the flashing odometer is present for all PROXI alignment problems. During the PROXI alignment procedure on my car, it invariably triggers the ABS light and there is a "SERVICE ABS SYSTEM" message on the EVIC (I'm paraphrasing, I don't recall exactly what it says). These are only temporary and there are no error messages present afterwards. I assume it's the module disconnecting from the CAN bus network momentarily while being reconfigured. I have never had an error on the ABS module itself as far as the AlfaOBD is concerned. It's always a PCM configuration error. Even the time when the ABS and EPS modules were at war over receiving invalid data from each other (which wasn't actually happening), the errors were displayed for the PCM.

I don't think it will cause any problems to do nothing if the ABS module fails during the PROXI, but having an error sitting there lingering with no explanation doesn't sit well with me. For the record, my ABS has never had a problem on my car outside of PROXI alignment issues. The rare times it has been called upon, it has worked flawlessly, whether for braking, traction control, or when I've tried to toss it through a turn and the ESC kicks in (only done for the express purpose of demonstrating ESC). The module just seems to get ornery during PROXI alignments.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
If you’re having issues with a certain module during a proxy alignment make sure you have the debug log turned on and then email Alexey the Developer.

I had an issue with Alfaobd reading the 2.4 PCM during proxy alignments. He sent me a beta version where I could manually adjust the Can timeout setting. Through trial and error we were able to see what setting worked and he applied it in future updates. I’ve had no problems since

Reactions: jsblanch

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did another Proxi today, no luck. Try 1 and got the same error. Try 2 and it only completed halfway and I ended up with a ECU mismatch and airbag lights. Shut off car completed and re did the Proxi, now back where I started.

It starts the ABS Proxi cause it comes up on the dash with an ABS fault, then fails on Alfa but to reiterate after shutting off car and checking for errors, only ones I get are my known errors (license plate out).

I couldn’t find any other errors when I’m connected to the BCM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you’re having issues with a certain module during a proxy alignment make sure you have the debug log turned on and then email Alexey the Developer.

I had an issue with Alfaobd reading the 2.4 PCM during proxy alignments. He sent me a beta version where I could manually adjust the Can timeout setting. Through trial and error we were able to see what setting worked and he applied it in future updates. I’ve had no problems since
I just sent him the log now, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just sent him the log now, thanks for the info.
@jsblanch and @Dustonfoster, EDIT: My phone put a lot of typos, fixed them I think.
I have been through this exact situation twice with my 13 limited 1.4, both times were due to the BCM changing a config. First time it changed the electronic brake system type from what it was supposed to be "ESC + HILL HOLDER + ASR + TC PLUS" to "ABS", this was a mismatch for the ABS control module which caused the module to fail during proxi alignment. The second, which I found today finally, was because the BCM changed the "DYNAMIC STEERING TORQUE (DST) PRESENCE" to not enabled when the "ABS FUNCTION - DYNAMIC STEERING TORQUE" was set to enabled. This caused the steering control module to mismatch with the ABS module, but the ABS module was again the one not confirming proxi alignment. Just to clarify, I changed the setting back to enabled and it worked.

I would suggest going through all of your abs settings and any related settings to ensure that match what you have.

361 - 380 of 392 Posts