Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built before June 27, 2012 (MDH 0627XX).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

The customer may experience any of the following:

1. Updating the BCM software will correct the following conditions.

A. If the flash to pass is actuated when the headlamps are in a delay mode and the ignition is turned off, the headlamps may not turn off and cause a battery drain.
B. Vehicle equipped with SmartBeam and in Auto mode, the headlamps may switch from high beam to low beam, on a road without on coming traffic. This will happen when passing a large reflective sign.

NUMBER: 08-042-12 REV. A
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: October 03, 2012

C. Vehicle equipped with Passive Entry, and the trunk is open and closed quickly, the trunk may reopen with out switch input.
D. If the fog lamps switch is in the on position and the next key cycle the fog lamps may not turn on.

2. The Odometer flashes intermittently. On further inspection, the tech may find:

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B2204 - 55ECU Configuration Mismatch - Not Configured is set. This is caused by the ORC not responding to the BCM when a configuration code is requested. The DTC will set anytime the condition is met. If the condition has occurred 4 consecutive key cycles the odometer will flash. This condition will not cause any customer concerns, and all systems will work properly. Updating the ORC software will correct this condition.

3. A no crank condition and or low battery voltage. This is caused by the HVAC control module staying awake after the vehicle is turned off. Updating the HVAC software will correct this condition

Contact your dealer or feel free to message me if you would like to check if yours applies

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep I remember seeing several people with similar issues so I figured just posting this was easier than contacting them :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
also im a little confused.. so are all these issues related? or atleast fixed by a single update? it seems to say different type of updates for each issue

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
With any issue like this. Contact your dealers service department and give them your VIN so they can check and see if yours need to updated or is any recall on anything they will be able to tell you if this or anything else pertains to your vehicle.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where did you get this from, the dealership or do u work at one?
Both? From the dealership I work at :)
Which is why I said I would gladly look it up for anyone on here if they message me. I can check from the home PC so no worries about time

Did advisor work at our nissan side for a while and made the move to the chry/dodge side back in June. I try to stay on top of what happens with my own ride so why not share if something comes up eh?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Wow, what happened to switches and knobs just losing power when the key was turned off? So much of these problems are because of unnecessary technology. I guess the engineers totally forgot about K.I.S.S.?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I came down to the parking garage after work to find my headlamps still on from when I came back from lunch 4 hours earlier but it only happened once. Heckuva 90 second delay that day. I have also noticed when shutting the car off in reverse (I park in reverse) the back up lights stay on until I open the car door even with the ignition turned off. Weird.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Getting my computer on my dart updated as we speak. Also getting the rear splash guards installed. Cheers. Todd.

Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart

·
Registered
738 Posts
Where are the bulletins located? Can anyone look them up? I have been told I need the one 08-041-12 which seems outdated but what you found. The dealer service department was clueless there were any updates.

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built before June 27, 2012 (MDH 0627XX).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

The customer may experience any of the following:

1. Updating the BCM software will correct the following conditions.

A. If the flash to pass is actuated when the headlamps are in a delay mode and the ignition is turned off, the headlamps may not turn off and cause a battery drain.
B. Vehicle equipped with SmartBeam and in Auto mode, the headlamps may switch from high beam to low beam, on a road without on coming traffic. This will happen when passing a large reflective sign.

NUMBER: 08-042-12 REV. A
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: October 03, 2012

C. Vehicle equipped with Passive Entry, and the trunk is open and closed quickly, the trunk may reopen with out switch input.
D. If the fog lamps switch is in the on position and the next key cycle the fog lamps may not turn on.

2. The Odometer flashes intermittently. On further inspection, the tech may find:

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B2204 - 55ECU Configuration Mismatch - Not Configured is set. This is caused by the ORC not responding to the BCM when a configuration code is requested. The DTC will set anytime the condition is met. If the condition has occurred 4 consecutive key cycles the odometer will flash. This condition will not cause any customer concerns, and all systems will work properly. Updating the ORC software will correct this condition.

3. A no crank condition and or low battery voltage. This is caused by the HVAC control module staying awake after the vehicle is turned off. Updating the HVAC software will correct this condition

Contact your dealer or feel free to message me if you would like to check if yours applies

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Barnette -
This does not apply to your vehicle. The build date on yours is September 1, 2012 which is past the "CURRENT" cut off date for the flash update

Now if your signature quote is wrong please send me a PM of the last 8 digits on your vin. Dealer personnel only have access to DealerConnect to check for this

1 - 20 of 37 Posts