Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 2013 Dart SE with the stock radio and would like to put a double din with a screen in place (uconnect is out of the question). Does anyone have recommendations on what to get? I was on crutchfield.com and when i specced out a radio it was saying i have to cut the dash to get either a single OR double din radio to fit? Has anyone put in a radio without modifying the dash permanently to do so?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
94 Posts
no the dash has to be cut it is no big deal if you find my audio build thread it explains it. i use jvc with the apple car play built in. dt10.JPG IMG_0046.JPG

·
Registered
320 Posts
Dash kit, wiring harness, and antenna adapter. The dash bezel needs to be trimmed to accommodate the new deck ( they are wider than stock ) and the dash kit has a trim piece you see in the above pic. I personally like Alpine, Kenwood, and Pioneer.

j

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm driving the car into the ground so i could care less about being able to put the stock radio back in (disclaimer on crutchfield). I tried finding your build thread @buzz bomb but could not. Can you send a link? I plan on doing this very soon.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@buzz bomb, thanks man, I talked to best buy and they said $350 for JUST PARTS AND LABOR, no head unit to install a double DIN so I am definitely doing it myself and I will use your build thread as my guide, I still can't find out?

·
Registered
94 Posts
just do it slowly and you will be ok. jvc/kenwood is the same company now. while you have the interior apart you can add rear deck speakers. i ran new lines for the dash/deck speakers to the radio amp and used bass blockers on all 4. for the door speakers i ran from the amp back to the radio harness. this way i did not have to run new wire to the doors. good luck.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does not look bad from watching a few youtube videos. I'm just wondering what kind of setup I am going to go with. I was even thinking of putting a Nexus 7 (2013) tablet in that I have laying around but would need to figure out the wiring aspect of getting it to work. @buzz bomb what were the exact part numbers you ordered for your car to get a double din radio in? I have seen different part numbers/kits for the Dart. I just have the base radio, no wheel controls.

·
Registered
94 Posts
the mount, retained accessory power and steering wheel control were axess through crutchfield. the head unit was from there also it was cheaper that way. the plus, when you order it like that they give detailed instructions on what has to be cut out of the dash. the speakers and amps were off of amazon jvc drvn 800 watt 4 channel, boss 1100 watt monoblock amp ,4- kicker 41ksc354 dash/deck speakers 2 kicker 40cs654 front doors 2 kicker 40cs6934 back doors and a kicker 12 inch 350 watt sub and non ported box. also 3 pairs of rca cables 25 foot, 100 foot monoprice 16 ga speaker wire, back up camera of your choice, and power cables for the amps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a brand new 2016 Dodge dart SE as well, I've spoken with the dealer about setting up to have a aftermarket screen and backup camera put in, has anyone had any problems with this? I am not a mechanic and do not want to pay thousands in case this gets something messed up. It's a brand new car as well so I don't want to mess it up. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just went with pioneer . It comes with remote and sounds great with all the same stock speakers . Hooked up to steering wheel as well. They do trim bezel from car but face plate to stereo blends in perfect . My cost here in San Diego Ca was $750 bucks out the door

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts