Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a cold air intake off ebay ( the $50 one). Has anyone on here every bought one and are they and good for the money. I was wanting some opions before I bought one.
P.S. this is my first post on here and I just joined and wanted to say this forum ROCKS!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would not get a cold air intake from ebay and less you want a hot air intake. You can get a drop in k&n or if you really want to drop money for mostly sound and vary littel gain without a tune you can get one from one of the venders

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Dart Aero 1.4T
3,639 Posts
I run an intake custom built with parts from eBay. Unfortunately, it won't do much without a tune but I have that too! One thing I will say is that it really doesn't matter what intake you go with because the engine bay in the dart gets extremely hot either way.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
8,525 Posts
Yup yup.... manufacturers don't put CAI's on most cars because they turn average cars into rockets. They are just trying to protect us from the massive increase in HP and TQ. And they don't offer factory sanctioned tunes at the dealer because they double the HP and TQ , thus putting lethal power in the hands of many a driver.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Remember, you get what you pay for. I went with the Mopar CAI, a little more cost wise and install time but it has a wicked growl when you stomp it and I could feel a power increase.

·
Banned
8,525 Posts
Remember, you get what you pay for. I went with the Mopar CAI, a little more cost wise and install time but it has a wicked growl when you stomp it and I could feel a power increase.
Well then it's settled. I'm getting a Mopar CAI in summer. I want we some growl. :smile: Right now in E. Pa. we're so cold that they are probably going to cancel the famous Philly "Mummers Parade" on Jan.1st ! A CAI right now might cause a growl of rejection from ma bebe.......

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well then it's settled. I'm getting a Mopar CAI in summer. I want we some growl. :smile: Right now in E. Pa. we're so cold that they are probably going to cancel the famous Philly "Mummers Parade" on Jan.1st ! A CAI right now might cause a growl of rejection from ma bebe.......
dad’s dart is actually going to mod his car? :popped out:

·
Banned
8,525 Posts
dad’s dart is actually going to mod his car? :popped out:
Well..... let's not get crazy here..... Summer dreams in Winter are apt to fade in the dawn of good old Daylight Savings Time ! Birds sing, buds bloom, and Pentastars awake with their feverish sound of unrestrained missions on the horizon..... their valves awash with detergents supplied by the port-injection system of yesteryear...... the fearless Captain sits able and ready.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.