Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have installed the new CDV delete kit, how hard was the installation? Will be putting mine on Thursday and just want to get some pointers

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
For those of you that have installed the new CDV delete kit, how hard was the installation? Will be putting mine on Thursday and just want to get some pointers
I think the hardest part for me was removing the locking clip on the CDV way up inside the car. There is a clip or something like that on it that you need to pop out and if you weren't sure what you were looking for you can easily not find it. Other than that it was fairly simple. That locking clip is the top end connector and the bottom end of this piece is right in your face when you take the well off. So disconnect those, and install new. DONE. Then bleed the system and off to the races.

A power bleeder does wonders for this BTW. And if you don't have a bleeder you will need a helper to bleed it. The instructions that he provides you are pretty good.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
how does it feel when engaging vs stock?

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
how does it feel when engaging vs stock?
Let's just say I actually enjoy driving my car. Before I couldn't wait until I got on the highway because rowing the gears (which should be the most enjoyable experience) was so pathetic and I honestly wished I bought the auto with how bad it was compared to other cars I've driven.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Installing mine tonight, @Cntrollerfanboy is really making me excited :crazy:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I need one. HEy, is your transmission noisy when shifting gears? As in the lower gears you can actually hear the gears engage and make the ca-chunk sound..? Will this take that crap out or is Dodge transmissions, as of late, that big of a poo stick?

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
is Dodge transmissions, as of late, that big of a poo stick?
You hit the nail on the head.

No this will not remove that. The trans will still clunk into all the lower gears. On my car it's 3rd. I can have music blasting, windows up or down, and the loudness of the shift is just obnoxious.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
If i roach stop it..and try to shift quick from first to second in lower rpm...CLUUNK..Was just wondering if this helps. I really want this kit. The idea of smoother shifts is nice. Does the engagement of the clutch change? As in where it engages on the clutch pedal travel?

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
It took me maybe an hour....lots of stopping and chatting, and i just had my dad pump the clutch while i bled it. Not difficult in the least. Hardest part was getting the fitting at the opposite end of the hard line from the cdv loose. So corroded. Anyway, has anyone cut the CDV open yet? for giggles

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
It took me maybe an hour....lots of stopping and chatting, and i just had my dad pump the clutch while i bled it. Not difficult in the least. Hardest part was getting the fitting at the opposite end of the hard line from the cdv loose. So corroded. Anyway, has anyone cut the CDV open yet? for giggles
No mine is sitting in my garage some where lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts