Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I'm looking to add led bulbs. I already understand I need resistors and all that. However, my dart is a '13 Limited 2.0 L. It has the led track lights in the back. So my question is this: Since my dart is already running leds it must have a led flasher relay already equipped from the factory right???? Would that make it redundant adding resistors to the front turn signal bulbs? Just curious. Just wondering if someone has already thought of this.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Ok. I'm looking to add led bulbs. I already understand I need resistors and all that. However, my dart is a '13 Limited 2.0 L. It has the led track lights in the back. So my question is this: Since my dart is already running leds it must have a led flasher relay already equipped from the factory right???? Would that make it redundant adding resistors to the front turn signal bulbs? Just curious. Just wondering if someone has already thought of this.
No you still need them. The resistors are so you don't get constant bulb out messages on the dash.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so I have resistors set up on the turn signals wires and I dont have any type of hyper flash. However, Im still getting the pesky "bulb out" message. I've been trying to follow everyones thread but Im not getting a clear yes or no. So here it is: Do I need to add a 2nd set of resistors on the parking lights? Yes or no? Or, should I purchase a led decoder to fox this? Clear, concise feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks y'all!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright so heres what Ive figured out (just got done messing with them). The passenger side has the resistor on the turn signal wire. Everything functions fine on that side. I dont even get the "park light out" message. I have wired the driver side up the same but on that side i do get the message...constantly! These are switchbacks I'm talking about by the way. I tried adding a resistor to the parking light wire but all it does is kill the light. Should I try to buy some led decoders to rectify the problem??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alright so heres what Ive figured out (just got done messing with them). The passenger side has the resistor on the turn signal wire. Everything functions fine on that side. I dont even get the "park light out" message. I have wired the driver side up the same but on that side i do get the message...constantly! These are switchbacks I'm talking about by the way. I tried adding a resistor to the parking light wire but all it does is kill the light. Should I try to buy some led decoders to rectify the problem??
I have the same problem lol hopefully someone knows

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I found maybe a little bit better alternative to these hot as hell resistors we're forced to put in our cars if we wanna rock the switchbacks. Wiring in a incandescent bulb and socket in parallel to the switchback light. You can bypass using a resistor altogether and you just mount the bulb somewhere in your hood outta the way. No more crazy hot components and dings/messages every 2 seconds while driving. I've yet to install this, but will post results when I do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts