Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
Anybody have a part number for the CD player. I want to add it to my GT.

Also, maybe a link?

TIA

j
PLAYER. Compact Disc, DVD - Single Play:
part numbers: 05091057AD ; 05091057AA; 05091057AB; 05091057AC; Z5091057AA; Z5091057AB; Z5091057AC; Z5091057AD

the above information is from here... BUT, I have a feeling Benny @AllMoparParts.com will be able to hook you up with a better deal and get the part specific for your VIN number. :)

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I have a a stock CD deck up for grabs if you want it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a 2015GT it didn't come with a CD player but instead has a USB port for an iPod or other MP3 player which is controlled through my 8.4. This setup was exactly what I wanted in a car and had actually installed an aftermarket stereo in my last car for the specific reason of an iPod controller and move away from the CD player. I do believe that the CD player will eventually become only an option on most or even all cars as technology advances. The best part about my GT (in my opinion) is that every electronic aftermarket install that I did on my old car (with the exception of navigation) came preset from my dealership. Needless to say I am more than happy with my dart.

This x1000. I have only used the CD player in the Dart once and that was just to try it out. As stated previously CD tech is 30+ years old at this point and most people use streaming services, iTunes, Google Play, or other electronic sources of music.

I even put a radio in my Supra a few years back that didn't have a CD player. Just SD or USB.

·
Registered
340 Posts
This x1000. I have only used the CD player in the Dart once and that was just to try it out. As stated previously CD tech is 30+ years old at this point and most people use streaming services, iTunes, Google Play, or other electronic sources of music.

I even put a radio in my Supra a few years back that didn't have a CD player. Just SD or USB.
I havent used my cdplayer once in my car, I did however buy a 32gb usb stick and put all my music on it, able to use voice commands and all to find songs its awesome how the dart organizes it.

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

I heard the almighty 5 letter S word :O lol

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
PLAYER. Compact Disc, DVD - Single Play:
part numbers: 05091057AD ; 05091057AA; 05091057AB; 05091057AC; Z5091057AA; Z5091057AB; Z5091057AC; Z5091057AD

the above information is from here... BUT, I have a feeling Benny @AllMoparParts.com will be able to hook you up with a better deal and get the part specific for your VIN number. :)
Now I just thought about this. Looking at the product, 1) you need the whole center console unless you fab something up your self, and 2) we probably don't have the wiring for the CD player anyways... and 3) it's not recognized on our touch screen at all in the media section anyways, so a dealer visit is needed (if that would even fix it) and probably a stupid $100 just so they can plug in their computer and click a check mark (10 seconds) but charge you an hour of labor. lol I've seen it happen!

So where would we get this wiring harness and where would it go? So it's not just a insert cd player into center console. It's tear apart the whole car for a CD player. No thank you. lol Use a double sided AUX cord and plug one into an old cd player and the other end into the aux port. :haha: I wonder if that will even work. Theoretically it should. @chlngr1970 that might be your only options if you're a CD user. Because even if the wiring harness was available, then you would need to take the whole dash out to get behind the radio anyways, and the center console to install, AND go to the dealer to get it reflashed ANDDDDD buy all the parts to begin with. :p

Edit: I installed the 2013 light up cup holders in my 2015 GT not too long ago. So i can confirm there is no extra wiring down there. I had to tap into a wire to run my cup holder lights. I tapped into the signal wire attached to the cig lighter which controls the dimming action of the accent lighting. So now even my cup holders dim like OEM. If you do it, do it right :)

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I have an entire black centre console with CD/wiring for sale......but it's in Canada......

Reactions: Cntrollerfanboy

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

·
Registered
2015 dodge dart sxt rallye
7 Posts
Hi guys,
I was just wondering how difficult if even possible it is to add the CD player in the center console to a car that did not come with one. I know you are probably confused as to why my car didn't come with one, and that is because I built mine and simply didn't come out and say "I want the CD player", when building it. The fact they didn't tell me it wasn't standard (which it should be) was stupid, but I knew it probably wouldn't come with it because I noticed online it was an option. A $300 option! That's almost more than the Nav I got. I got every option except the spare (have one from my old dart), the mopar interior package (have everything in the package except for the shift knob, which i already have an aftermarket one, and not spending $700 or something on a package I have sitting at home), and the CD player. I own like 3 CDs, and never used it on my SXT so it's not a huge deal. But even with that said, if I can get the CD player out of a wrecked dart for cheap then sure I would install it. Sure I went all out with all the other options, but why spend more when I don't use or have items already? So I leave you guys with two questions.

1) What do i need to do if I ever wanted to install the CD player down the road

2) What kind of BS do you think it is to make buyers pay an extra $300 on top of opting in for the $600 8.4 touch screen (for lower models)?! I mean you're paying 1k at that point more in an SXT or $300 on top of the sun and sound group which is $1,295! The GT seemed to have lower prices for these options, but still you buy a top of the line model and they can't include a CD player? Even if you don't use it like I didn't plan on, what do you guys think?
Hey idk if you still needed some info on adding a cd player to a dart with out one and yes you can I am currently using a cd player from a totalled dart I bought on ebay you have to get the correct wiring harness as well and need alpha obd but it works and I don't even have a flashing odometer.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts