Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
5,870 Posts
You would need the switch and the light sensor and it's wiring to the BCM, LIN data bus, or CAN data bus.

•Exterior Lighting Control - The rotary knob on the headlamp switch is rotated to a detent position to activate or deactivate the exterior lighting. The headlamp switch provides the appropriate resistor multiplexed output to the BCM over the headlamp/fog lamp switch signal circuit, and the BCM responds by energizing or de-energizing the right and left park lamp feed circuits and the right and left high or low beam driver circuits through internal HSDs and by sending an electronic confirmation message to the IC over the CAN data bus, which controls the high beam indicator as appropriate. The BCM also remembers which headlamp beams were last selected with the multi-function switch, and energizes those beams by default the next time the headlamps are turned ON. If the vehicle is equipped with optional automatic headlamps and the AUTO (Automatic) position is selected, the BCM monitors an electronic ambient light level message received over the Local Interface Network (LIN) data bus from the Light Rain Sensor Module (LRSM) (also known as the Rain Light Sensor Module/RLSM, the Rain Sensor Module/RSM or the Light Sensor Module/LSM) from that to turn the exterior lighting ON and OFF automatically while the ignition switch status is ON. If vehicle is not equipped with a RLSM,/LSM/RSM but is equipped with auto head lamps, the BCM also monitors for an electronic ambient light level message received over the CAN data bus from the air conditioner - heater control module based upon a hard wired input from the sun sensor .

·
Administrator
5,870 Posts
I see this part number from an ebay sale so I'm not sure on accuracy cause when I search these parts I only get the two ebay sales. Maybe @alpinegreenneon can verify part numbers.
140086DX9AC
Also this part number from earlier revision
140086DX9AB
1SW01DX9AE is what comes up searching the online parts sites but it's discontinued.

·
Administrator
5,870 Posts
Have you installed .NET from Microsoft? On the website it says:
(you may need to install .NET Framework 3.5)

1 - 4 of 5 Posts