Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m new to this site, I’m not mechanically inclined but I’m smart & the internet is lovely. I have a 2015 Dodge Dart SXT. Basically I hit a super deep pothole pulling out of a gas station, & right away I noticed my car sounded like “airier” almost like the windows were down. No other performance issues, the Hot/Cold gauge is normal, the RPGs operating fine if not a tad bit higher but not by much. About 4 days later my CEL comes on, I rush to O’Reilly’s & the kid gets a P1D73 code. Google search and it’s AGS. He goes to look at it, & all 4 shutters are knocked off my passenger side of the AGS. A lot of YouTube vids & other pages are saying I need a new AGS entirely, but none of the little pieces that hold it in place are broke off, so they appear to be just knocked loose from the pothole. Also none of the issues that would scream replace this part are happening. I read a thread from 2013 that said I could just take off the plastic piece by the hood latch & go in & snap them back in myself. What do you guys think? I have a feeling an auto shop or the dealership will try & just sell me a $400 part.

·
Super Moderator
3,289 Posts
You need to remove the bumper cover. Look up you tube video by MotorCityMechanic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts