Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2016 dodge dart sxt from a private seller at a fair price . The check engine light was on in the car so i took it to the mechanic and he says you need a air shutter my car don’t have one. I bought a brand new air shutter from ebay . The shutter is still not working can anyone tell me the fuse location or what should i do to make the grille shutter work?

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
Check the wiring. Fuse 19 in the underhood PDC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir i did check the fuse 19 it’s working. Is there anything else i need to check ? How can i check the connector?

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
Do you have a multimeter? Check for continuity of each wire. There are you tube videos.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir i did that before . I put a small cut on all the wires and it shows that it’s getting power from the engine. Do you think my connector would be bad?

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
The connector is in a very vulnerable space where it is easily damaged by parking lot curbs since the Dart sits so low. Does the connector look damaged? Can you test at the connector? You never said what code you are getting?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I check the wires that goes into the connector with a multi meter it shows continuity . Is there any way i can check the connector? Yes I’m getting code P1d73 & U11E9 sir. I’ve a small confusion too. Does the active shutter opens and closes when i turn on the car or it opens up when the engine is hot or while driving? Because till now i just let it sit down on the floor and checking it sir.

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
U11E9 means it is not getting a signal from the PCM through the White/Red wire. Check if it is shorted to ground and if there is continuity to the PCM. That wire is pin 45 of the C1 connector. Use the Ohm scale with both connectors disconnected. Resistance should be below 3 ohms. It should not be shorted to ground. If the resistance is very high or infinite, it means there is a break in the wire.The P1D73 means the PCM is not detecting that the AGS is working.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sir thank you so much for your help but is there any way i can call you ? Sir i too upset about the car being like this. I bought two different ags i spend over 450 dollars on this and it’s still not working can you please help me i just want to ask you two questions about it sir.

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
Actually it's better to ask here so others with a similar problem in the future can benefit. You can post pics if you think it would help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the connector is worn out and clip that locks it is broken too. Should i get a new connector and see if it works or should i first check the pcm connector sir? And main part of this sir . The ags is closed right now it will open and close once i start the car or is it suppose to open when the car engine is hot ?

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
It's very possible the connector is the problem if you see that it is damaged. There is one available on eBay:
When the engine starts, the PCM only tests the AGS circuit. The code is set when the engine is at operating temps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay i get the new connector and hook it up to car . I hope this fix the whole thing sir. So once i get the new connector . I should wait untill the car temp gauge comes on a normal operating temp and then the code is set and it opens up the ags right?

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
You can clear the code by disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a few minutes. Just loosen the nut to pull the cable. Removing the nut is not necessary and you might lose it. If things are correct, it should detect that the circuit is complete and not reset the code.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Both red/violet wires should have 12v on them. Also check the wiring on the driver's side of the radiator where it makes a turn up to the plug. I had to go past that point to find good wire for the white/red wire. If your plug is broke replacing that is a good first step.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Okay i get the new connector and hook it up to car . I hope this fix the whole thing sir. So once i get the new connector . I should wait untill the car temp gauge comes on a normal operating temp and then the code is set and it opens up the ags right?
The grille shutters open and close on their own once the car is turned on. When they open/close depends on many different factors. For example, in the winter time they stay shut to help warm the car up in the morning. In the summer they will open up to allow cool air to enter the engine bay/radiator. On the highway they are generally closed to provide better aerodynamics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the connector from Chrysler 200 . I noticed it has only three wires . Will the ags work if i connect the black with black ,white& orange with white&red and red with purple wire .And leave the forth wire unconnected. ( first two pictures are from the connector on my car and second two pictures are from the connector i got from Chrysler 200)

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
You need to disassemble the connector. That way you will not need to splice any wires. Pop off the blue piece on the new connector. You should see a small release if you look down into the terminals. Take a tiny screwdriver to slightly move the release away from the terminal and at the same time pull back on the wire from the rear of the connector. Do that for each wire. Then do the same for the connector on your harness. Put the wires in the new connector following the pinout that I posted for the AGS making sure the wires are in the correct location on the connector. If you look closely there may even be tiny numbers on the connector for each wire cavity. Replace the blue plastic piece.

There has to be a wire in every wire cavity of the connector just like the pinout and like your original connector. If you find the wire terminal inside the connector is damaged, that is the only reason you would want to splice. If you have to splice, watch this video:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update i got the new connector & new ags . I connected it right & checked it properly. It’s still not working i cleared the code and turn on the car again the cel is still coming on the fuse 19 is working perfectly fine too. What should i do now ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts