Dodge Dart Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
I just bought it as the default setting of plastic, nothing special since it was the cheapest.
I'll follow your lead before I take the plunge, plus I'd like to see where/how the setup is going to be... :)

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
I'll follow your lead before I take the plunge, plus I'd like to see where/how the setup is going to be... :)
When I do it, I'll snap some pics and report any changes I notice in IATs :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmm really? I wonder why / how. I mean the car doesn't even know that the actual shutters are not installed, unless there is some type of air sensor back there that would detect air when the shutters should be closed and throw a CEL.

I haven't seen any other posts on people who have removed them and gotten a code. I'll have to do a search. I didn't do anything special. Just removed the blades themselves.

Edit to add: Starscream I just read your response in the other thread about resistance. That makes sense. Hmm... I'll see how it goes as far as the CEL is concerned. I've driven more than 2 key cycles and nothing yet.
I have a 2014 dart and I only have 4 on each side and my check engine light is on which one can I remove

61 - 64 of 64 Posts