Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I give it too many RPMs it feels like I’m having a tug of war with a another car. Especially when in 5th and 6th gear. 2013 1.4l turbo standard 78k miles. I’m not car educated, I NEED HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I give it too many RPMs it feels like I’m having a tug of war with a another car. Especially when in 5th and 6th gear. 2013 1.4l turbo standard 78k miles. I’m not car educated, I NEED HELP PLEASE
What rpm is it happening around and how does it feel like a tug of rope is the car slowing down and is it a manual?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happens with high rpms around 3500-4500 and yes it does feel like it’s being tugged on by a rope. If I give it too many RPMs it suddenly stops accelerating and I have to turn it off and on to get the boost back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Happens with high rpms around 3500-4500 and yes it does feel like it’s being tugged on by a rope. If I give it too many RPMs it suddenly stops accelerating and I have to turn it off and on to get the boost back.
That may be a problem with the computer because around those rpm your system should be going into a performance mode where it sends more air and fuel into the engine. If it’s not your computer may be bad and it’s not sending the right signals. I wish I knew more to help on that but I’ve never heard of something like that. I wish you luck on fixing it though

·
Registered
73 Posts
When was the last time you changed plugs?
When my did what sounds like the same thing, it was like the car was trying to throw me off during hard acceleration. If I stayed out of the high rpms, no issue. Never through a code. Changed plugs runs great! I had already replaced my coils.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts