Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Dart is having issues with the AC. It blows cool air when I first start driving it. Then, after the motor heats up, it just blows hot air. Took it to have it serviced, still has the same issue. Also, the fan in it hesitates for a good minute before it starts to blow. It is maddening.

·
Administrator
5,659 Posts
If you have automatic temp control, it could be the in car temp sensor.
Dart blower motors have problems with the brushes wearing out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I got so frustrated with the electronic controls and actuator motors in my 2015 gt that I disconnected them and zip tie the doors open or closed depending on the season!
I had it back to the dealer five times and they couldn't make the ac work right. Plus the recirculate button does nothing but light up.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Dart Limited 2.0L
14 Posts
I am having the same issue. First thing in the day driving the AC is prefect but after the engine get hot is stops blowing cold air. But it was randomly blow cold after that only for a few minutes. Had a mechanic mention something about a temp sensor or relay in the dash. He said that it was sending false reading and making the AC shut off so it wouldn’t freeze up. Not sure if I believe that since at the time the fuse for the AC clutch was blown and the AC didn’t work at all. I tried searching location for the sensor but it brings up the coolant sensor and outside sensor. I’m not sure what to search for.

·
Administrator
5,659 Posts
Do you have automatic temp control? There is an ambient temp sensor on the panel under the steering wheel. You should also check your blower motor. They can get intermittent. Try lubing the blower motor bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts