Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did an AC delete and would like to configure the car so that it knows it is no longer present. Many Darts come without AC, so I thought it would be a breeze, but I can't find it anywhere in alfaobd. Getting a "P0533, A/C Pressure Sensor Circuit High", does anyone know how to let the car know ac is missing?
Attached image from the Jeep Patriot forum which seems to have the option readily available in the BCM

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I assume it would be in the ECU, as it's a P code and the report from alfaobd has these set:
  • Fixed displacement Air Conditioner Equipped: Yes
  • DENSO Air Conditioner Compressor Equipped: Yes

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's under hvac if I remember I just recently deleted my compressor and condenser coils myself as well as oil cooler
Thanks for the reply! Honestly did not expect one for a while on this highly specific topic. I must have scrolled though every module and each setting looking for anything ac/hvac related for weeks. Would you mind narrowing down the search a little bit. Is it in the body computer?

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My bad lol probably one of these ill hop in my dart today and figure out correct trim for heater no ac I'm sure it's one of them View attachment 129820
I fear we may be talking about the same setting. I changed the hvac type in the bcm a while back to heater only. The ecm still throws a code for a "P0533, A/C Pressure Sensor Circuit High".

·
Administrator
5,993 Posts

·
Administrator
5,993 Posts
According to the schematic, there is a AC pressure transducer circuit. That is what's giving you the code. You might be able to figure out what resistance it's looking for if you still have the AC compressor around.
Rectangle Line Font Slope Parallel

Reactions: Hufman

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My bad lol probably one of these ill hop in my dart today and figure out correct trim for heater no ac I'm sure it's one of them
Changing "Heater Ventilation and AC, Type" in the BCM to, "Heater only", prevents a proxy from being completed in my dart: "Heat, ventilation and Air Conditioner (HVAC)... Failed. The ECU has detected that the request contains parameters with values outside of allowable range". When you get a chance would you mind finding the exact setting you changed to remove the AC from the BCM. I'm really curious to see how a fellow AC deleter got it done.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
According to the schematic, there is a AC pressure transducer circuit. That is what's giving you the code. You might be able to figure out what resistance it's looking for if you still have the AC compressor around.
View attachment 129822
Any idea what the relay and fuse would be for the AC? Once again the manual that came with my car says f19 and t05. Take out the T05 relay and the AGS does not work, setting for a CEL. Really don't get why the user manual is dead nuts off. Earlier, I removed what I thought was the telematics bcm fuse (F51) which turned out to disable keyless entry instead.

·
Administrator
5,993 Posts
T05 relay is for the AC compressor clutch. It's F19 that not only goes to the compressor clutch but also the AGS.

Reactions: Hufman

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you haven't figured it out yet I am currently messing around with alfa obd trying to get a few things to proxy align I think it night be under this setting actually lol sorry
Already tried it. In my case the proxy fails with this change. First time i've had a failed proxy with a bcm car config change, and i've played arround with just about every setting

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I've been getting failed proxy but found out that hvac type or whatever actually changes layout of your screen lol I've got a renegade one atm
LOL, exact same thing happened to me. Looks like dual zone, possibly in factory default mode when the bcm is unable to tell it what to do. The auto and sync buttons did not work for me, and the temp was stuck at 22 degrees no matter what I did. Pretty smart computers. Once my telematics module crapped out, all mentions of phone or bluetooth disappeared from the monitor as well. Set HVAC type back to manual and the screen went back to normal after a few key cycles. I might try out some of the other settings. Seems odd that you can't so easily remove a/c function

·
Registered
2015 dodge dart sxt rallye
162 Posts
Lol I'm currently about to try to unlock a gpec3 for writing to its eeprom I'll go mess around with alfa for a bit after words see if I can figure something out whats weird is I have removed my condenser and ac compressor but am getting no error codes I'll check again to verify that too

1 - 20 of 20 Posts