Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got this 2015 SXT. The other morning the ABS and Traction Control lights came on. (The CEL came on too, but that was a code to let me know the computer was getting invalid info from the ABS control module - duh.) All of the pertinent fuses are still okay, so I'm pretty sure(?) it's not electrical. Oddly, the steering seems to be affected! There is still power assist - kind of - but it's stiffer and the wheel no longer has a tendency to return to center - you have to physically bring the wheel back after going around a corner, say. Odd.

Before I pay someone to swap the ABS control module (not a job I want to do myself), I'm wondering...can it be something else? Brake booster, maybe? Booster check valve? (Yes, before you ask, there's plenty of fluid in the brake reservoir.)

And...any idea why (or how!) the brakes and steering could be affected together? Would seem to be completely separate systems to me...but this being a Chrysler product, you never know...

Signed,
At my wit's end
(It wasn't a long trip)

·
Administrator
5,853 Posts
You need to get the codes from the ABS and steering modules. Typical scanners only read the PCM. The OBDLinkMX bluetooth scanner together with the alfaOBD app and an android device will read those codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I've got this 2015 SXT. The other morning the ABS and Traction Control lights came on. (The CEL came on too, but that was a code to let me know the computer was getting invalid info from the ABS control module - duh.) All of the pertinent fuses are still okay, so I'm pretty sure(?) it's not electrical. Oddly, the steering seems to be affected! There is still power assist - kind of - but it's stiffer and the wheel no longer has a tendency to return to center - you have to physically bring the wheel back after going around a corner, say. Odd.

Before I pay someone to swap the ABS control module (not a job I want to do myself), I'm wondering...can it be something else? Brake booster, maybe? Booster check valve? (Yes, before you ask, there's plenty of fluid in the brake reservoir.)

And...any idea why (or how!) the brakes and steering could be affected together? Would seem to be completely separate systems to me...but this being a Chrysler product, you never know...

Signed,
At my wit's end
(It wasn't a long trip)
Did you ever resolve this issue? I currently have a 2015 Dart Gt. The 2.4L. Im suffering from this same issue.
I also find it strange how the power steering seems to have given way and not return to center. I was given a code to replace the abs wheel speed sensor for the right rear. But even after doing that the problem persists. I’ve considered replacing the other abs sensors before also having someone else replace the ABS module. I have no idea how I would get to it behind the brake lines.

·
Administrator
5,853 Posts
Post your codes using a scanner that can read everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts