Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had service antilock brakes lights come on while driving I did a diagnostic and cleared the error and the ABS light came on again so i pulled code 0039 Rear Right wheel general signal failure last test completed unsuccessfully
Error Present Don't know what to do next Any help would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Antilock Brake (ABS) / Diagnosis and Testing

C0039-02-RIGHT REAR TONE WHEEL - GENERAL SIGNAL FAILURE
Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:

•Ignition on.
•Vehicle speed.

Set Conditions:

•Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Module detects periodic drops of a Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) signal.

Default Actions:

•ABS is disabled.

Possible Causes

RIGHT REAR TONE WHEEL/BEARING DAMAGE
IMPROPER RIGHT REAR TIRE PRESSURE/MISMATCHED TIRES
AXLE SHAFT FASTENER HARDWARE
DIRTY TONE WHEEL/SENSOR

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I thought I knew what i was doing reading my error code for faulty rear right abs sensor. I picked up a new abs speed sensor for right rear of my 2015 Dart manual sxt Broke the 10mm bolt head off trying to remove sensor. put the new sensor in and still had abs lights and traction control lights come on after clearing code fault. Brought it to my mechanic they welded a nut onto the stub of a bolt and got it out They said my tone tracer was broken behind wheel bearing was broken and I had a new one put on along with new wheel bearing I guess the tone wheel or tracer wheel is what the sensor reads and if that is broken the sensor wont work Tried to save some money. Thought I would post this to other people in the club with ABS and traction control light on Thanks

·
Registered
866 Posts
So I thought I knew what i was doing reading my error code for faulty rear right abs sensor. I picked up a new abs speed sensor for right rear of my 2015 Dart manual sxt Broke the 10mm bolt head off trying to remove sensor. put the new sensor in and still had abs lights and traction control lights come on after clearing code fault. Brought it to my mechanic they welded a nut onto the stub of a bolt and got it out They said my tone tracer was broken behind wheel bearing was broken and I had a new one put on along with new wheel bearing I guess the tone wheel or tracer wheel is what the sensor reads and if that is broken the sensor wont work Tried to save some money. Thought I would post this to other people in the club with ABS and traction control light on Thanks
yeah usually a magnet in most cases on the back of the wheel bearing. if its broke then the sensor will get a bad reading when it damaged part of the magnet goes past the sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts