Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2015 gt dart and I'm having problems with the air conditioner its working on and off I'm really confused about it

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
What's not working, the blower or is it not cold enough? Automatic temp control or manual temp control?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
If you have automatic temperature control, there could be a problem with the temp sensor. It could also be the blower motor or the blower module. The HVAC system will not set a CEL but could set codes that a good scanner should detect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just tapping into this thread.

Just got a 2013 Dart GT with the 2.4l. Anyhow I've noticed a rough idle when the a/c is on and in gear. Also the a/c does not blow cold when sitting still and gets cooler when moving but still not very cold. I tried to charge the system but I think that's not the issue. Any ideas???

Thanks
D

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
I should have specified I'm sorry it's not blowing out air at all sometimes but other times I turn it on and it works perfectly
Since you said it works perfectly in other cases, I am sure it's not this but check if your vents are closed. :p I say this because the dealer closed mine one day and I couldn't figure out why it sucked. Then i brought it in and they opened the vent and I was like OMG. I never closed them, so I never would have even thought that was the issue. I always keep them wide open, and just adjust on the Auto setting. Technology can spoil us and make us look stupid :) If it's on AUTO then that will explain it. It will adjust automatically. Try not using auto and see if the fans work at all. If not, it might be blower motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has a similar issue, when I park in the pickup line at my kids school, it works fine for 10-15 min then just ...sucks. Turning it from auto to max ac doesn't do anything but turn the blower to max, recirculate won't turn on. When i start moving again it'll start cooling better after I hit about 50mph but still doesn't really get cold until about 10-15 min of driving ( recirculate won't work until about this time as well.). really frustrating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just tapping into this thread.

Just got a 2013 Dart GT with the 2.4l. Anyhow I've noticed a rough idle when the a/c is on and in gear. Also the a/c does not blow cold when sitting still and gets cooler when moving but still not very cold. I tried to charge the system but I think that's not the issue. Any ideas???

Thanks
D
I have been having the same issue with mine i think it has to do with the blower wheel sticking i took the panel off the passenger foot well to gain access to it and found that by smacking the blower hard it will start to work again pain in my neck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 Dodge Dart GT

Thought I would chime in as I have had/having problems as well. So the first problem I was having was last winter, the blower sometimes would not blow at all, then at times it would work fine. Took it in and of course it was working and the shop found nothing. Then summer came and it worked perfect all summer.

Now the weather is getting cold again and a different problem is arising. the blower is blowing, but not at the speed it should in my mind, when set to auto it doesn't seem to blow hard enough to keep it warm in the cabin. then I take it off auto and set it to high and it sometimes takes 10- 30 seconds to get to high really weird. I really think I am going to have the blower motor and blower motor module changed, and the cabin air filter as well. Only other thing I can think of is the Uconnect system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts