Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Dart SXT with the 8.4 uconnect with usb and Sirius radio. I want to add nav I know I need to get an RE5 and get the code. My actual question is if the nav wasn't activated in the previous dart will it work once I use alfaobd input code write vin to radio and do proxy alignment will it now work? Or will it still need to be activated by the dealer? Last since I have Sirius radio am I all set as far as antenna and cable?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Use your phone. Google maps is way better and a lot less aggravation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use your phone. Google maps is way better and a lot less aggravation.
I do use my phone and Google maps but there are times and places my phone won't get a cell signal can't text and nav doesn't up date my location. I have an older GPS only works when plugged in and atm it's gone missing lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
the radios are on the vehicle bus circuit,if you put a different radio into the car it will no longer recognize the radio and start throwing codes at you.
i found this out the hard way when i bought my 2013 dart that was supposed to have gps but didnt and they took a nav unit form another car and put it in mine,took over 6 months for Chrysler to come out with a radio update just for my car to get it working rt

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
I have a 2014 Dart SXT with the 8.4 uconnect with usb and Sirius radio. I want to add nav I know I need to get an RE5 and get the code. My actual question is if the nav wasn't activated in the previous dart will it work once I use alfaobd input code write vin to radio and do proxy alignment will it now work? Or will it still need to be activated by the dealer? Last since I have Sirius radio am I all set as far as antenna and cable?
From my understanding, it's not just an activation thing like the newer Uconnects. If you have Nav, you have Nav, it never runs out or turns off. The actual module for it is different for Nav, so the only way you should be able to add it is if you get the 8.4RB5N. Unless someone discovered differently, I think these older Uconnects physically have a new unit for them to have Nav. Which then makes sense why they can charge you stupid amounts for it (I mean it still doesn't). But when it's just a simple activation thing, but they still charge like 500-1000 for it, that's absurd.

·
Registered
740 Posts
So I've done the upgrade myself.
I've done the upgrade myself. Unlock some other FCA vehicles there is no "unlock" code you can pay for at the dealer for Dart tuners to unlock navigation. You need to pick up a RB5 tuner from another Dart and then swap out yours RB5's are the navigation tuners. The tuner is above the glove box so you have to remove the entire glove box to get to it. You will need the anti-theft PIN for the vehicle the tuner came out of. I was able to provide the parts department the VIN # as well as the model number/serial info on the sticker of the RN5 of the vehicle it came out of. Once you input the anti-theft pin then do a proxi alignment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts