Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 8.4 "reboot" randomly. It is not the most annoying part, but losing the time each time. Live close to the change to central time zone so I have to keep the clock on manual setting. Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She has more issues she fixed tonight. Went into work a few minutes. Parked, set alarm, returned got in. Started her and the speedo in the center of TFT kept blinking and traction control icon was on. I pushed the button for it a couple of times no change. Shut down and restarted and all was fine. Could not reproduce it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Opened a case with support and received this as part of the reply. Not the standard we will contact you in a couple of days one.
Due to the nature of your email, your concerns have been escalated. A
case manager will contact you by phone in one business day.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now the right blinker went would and I did not even reboot, opps restart the car to fix it. I just drove a couple of miles and it fixed itself. Finally for a reply from Chrysler representative and I need to have system flashed. 08041-12 Going in at 4 to see what happens. Supposed to get everything updated. Not sure what everything is be we will see

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just stalled car, listening to music threw aux. Uconnect rebooted no longer playing music threw AUX and updating SD card. Now music won't play threw AUX.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great news.... they found 6 modules that are not talking correctly that have thrown codes.... Bad news their wireless system went down, lost connection, and all the codes are lost. They checked for updates, and guess what... They found my car is up to date and nothing they can do. They offered to keep it a few days drive and see if they have any issues. I think NOT. Especially with no loaner car because sales people are driving them home. Oh well waiting for something else to flake out. Worst news one of the modules that threw a code was ABS... Any ideas? The updates the case manager sent were not for my car of even my engine. Service guys said there have been 2 2.4 engined cars in the area for "testing". And they have both required a new motor in less than 100 miles. They would not share details why. They did say they were getting good at swapping them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has got success on this? Just bought a Dart Limited today and consistantly the screen is going white and rebooting twice after i turn the car over, usually within 10 miles of start, couldnt take it back to teh dealer because of being late for a meeting... but was going to take it back up tomorrow...

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They stated that there is not a fix for this. You need to go to the dealer to get it documented. Skippy told me that they could not see if there were any updates for the car unless they hooked it up to their system. I have a case open with Chrysler and they gave me an update to have flashed and it was 2 revisions old. I think they are a little behind the ball. As long as the brakes or airbags do not go flaky I am ok :) So my quirk list so far is:

Left Blinker stated out and fixed itself after stopping and starting
Right Blinker stated out and fixed itself while driving
Radio reboots and loses time but not station settings or anythign else
Remote start disabled due to low fuel with 1/2 or above tank of gas
Heated seats and steering wheel do not activate with remote start even though selected on menu
Speedometer on TFT blinks
Traction control light on dash illuminated as off, pushed button and no change until restarted 2 times
Both front windows rolled down at the same time, but I may have fat fingers that caused that one
Radio rebooted one time lost bluetooth connection to phone

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
I picked up my new Dart Limited last Saturday and have the same issue.Every time I drive the screen goes all white then re-boots, killing any music or connection to the usb. Sometimes it happens right away and sometimes not fro 20 minutes. I went back to the dealer and they cleared some error codes but found no issue. I traded in a 2011 F150 I loved for better gas mileage and hate to have problems out of the gate. The dealer said there is an update coming but have no idea if it will fix the problem. I took and 2 hour drive and it rebooted 12+ times within the first hour and then hardly at all in hour 2. I love the car but hope I don't get a big run around from the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I joined this forum because I am having the same problem with Uconnect rebooting on my Limited. Have only had the car 5 days and made a cross country trip to bring it home, so now I have a thousand miles on the car. The reboot happened several times over the course of the 14 hour trip and even since I've been back in town - basically it happens every time I'm in the car. Two times the screen went white then black and didn't come back on at all until I cut the car off, let it sit, then restarted the car. Keeping my eye on things here and will take the advice of others who are on this same path - Chrysler needs to fix this crap NOW. This is unacceptable out of a brand new car.

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
I joined this forum because I am having the same problem with Uconnect rebooting on my Limited. Have only had the car 5 days and made a cross country trip to bring it home, so now I have a thousand miles on the car. The reboot happened several times over the course of the 14 hour trip and even since I've been back in town - basically it happens every time I'm in the car. Two times the screen went white then black and didn't come back on at all until I cut the car off, let it sit, then restarted the car. Keeping my eye on things here and will take the advice of others who are on this same path - Chrysler needs to fix this crap NOW. This is unacceptable out of a brand new car.
I understand your frustration with this being a new car. However, have you gone to the dealer yet? If not, take it. Also, I don't believe this is a "wide spread" issue, supporting again that you should talk with your dealer. PLEASE keep us in the loop and I hope they will resolve this for you soon!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I've been back to the dealer 2x so far and they found error codes regarding the radio. The re-boot happens daily and on long rides several times, to me it seems the more you use things the more it reboots. I've had it happen just adjusting the heat but usually the screen just goes white then reboots. It seems to happen more when I use my i-phone because again your drawing more memory to bring ups song menues, also usung the garmin map function and i-pod will cause more reboots.The dealer had my car for 2 days and the tech dring it for 25 minutes without a issue, they sent time on the phone with factory techs and opened a case and have decided to replace the radio. So now I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive so they can swap out, it's been a few weeks. I'm told this is a new system and the dart is the first vehicle they've used it in. I'm forgiving of "bugs that happen" in new products as long as they stick with it and fix the issue. Good luck and feel free to contact me to compare notes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I would contribute to this issue. I have a 1 week old Ram Pickup that also reboots the 8.4 Uconnect. Truck is awesome otherwise. I don't want to bother wasting my time at the dealer until Chrysler figures it out. Have you guy had any resolution yet? Did replacing the unit solve it?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts