Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to bypass or disable the "auto level" audio cap on the UConnect? I can turn the radio up to 24 but after that the volume level doesn't change. I assume this is a head unit limit and I would need to have an Amp installed in my dash to get the system to go louder. Hopefully that isn't the case... Any help would be appreciated. I tried to search the forum but I am clearly not using the right combination of words to find the answer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Do you have the alpine sound system or the base 6 speaker set up? On my Alpine system, the sound gets noticeable louder past 24. I haven't seen a anything that would cap the sound in the settings

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car just came with the UConnect 8.4N and the basic 6 speaker setup. I bought it used so I didn't have much say in the options. I also don't have a CD player in the center console. The system is just a little louder when using BT because of the audio settings on my phone.

Edit: I went through every single setting available in the UConnect and nothing points towards this being a setting issue. I have the speed controlled volume option disabled completely but the issue was still present with it on the max setting.

·
Registered
149 Posts
When I was test driving cars, I tried both the base 6 speaker system and the 9 speaker Alpine. I noticed the base system wasn't very loud at all. It could just be the way it is, since there isn't a amp to push power to the speakers. Maybe someone else with the base 6 speaker set up can chime in and say if their radio does the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.