Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
Awesome! This will be my first so what should I expect?
Darts, Driving, and DRINKING. Drinking not before driving of course :)

How the agenda usually rolls.

Friday: • Arrive at hotel - be dumbfounded by so many darts in one spot. Typically accompanied by other angry hotel goers that cannot park close lol
• That night Allen (Yoho the one who created Darts of Merica) usually plans a spot for everyone to go out an eat. Could be a Buffalo Wild wings or something of the sort that can accoodate all of us.
• Meet and greet new and fellow dart friends throughout the day
• Then usually come back to the hotel and party for the night.

Saturday: • Stumble out of the room for complimentary hotel breakfast, and get ready for the main event.
• I forget where the even is, but this is where it's practically a Dart car show. Everyone shows off their car, there are raffles and some vendors show up to sell parts. The event is usually at some place that we can go and do something at. Go karts, bowling, food, etc. It's usually a great time.
• Once the event comes to an end, Allen does the raffle which involves a lot of goodies. Some great sponsors too. Modern Performance, Dart Madness, Cravenspeed, Rally Armor, RokBlokz, EZlip and a crap ton more.
• After the event people typically split up in groups and will do their own thing. They might go downtown, they might go cruising or whatever they want. There is usually a annual "V" picture though at night. This is when we attempt to line up ALL the darts in the "Flying V" picture that we have done pretty much every year. It's very stressful, time consuming, and aggravating usually, so it's up to you if you want to be apart of it. lol If it happens that is.
• Everyone will eventually meet back at the hotel and back to partying!

Sunday: Stumble back out of bed
• Breakfast and goodbyes

There's many different types of Dart people. There's older and there's younger. In terms of mods, there's tasteful, and then there's well...it's their car so they can do whatever they want. lol Don't be afraid to meet new people. We all drive darts and we are all there for one reason. The sheer number of Dart people can be a bit overwhelming, but if you don't know anyone, it will be easy to find some people you can hang with.

If drinking IS your thing, you will find a lot of people to hangout with easily. lol If not then that is okay too. I have been around for too long so I know most of the veterans and have made many friends along the way in the community. I think the best way to not feel awkward would be just start complimenting peoples Dart's. I see you got some subs, I am sure there will be a couple nice set ups at the meet. Some guys are just STUPID tricked out. From lighting mods, to engine mods, to stereo mods. You name it. Everyone has their tastes and I am sure you will find plenty of new Dart friends if you don't know some already :) I am sure there will be some people with mods that you would like to do yourself, so just asking about those can get the ball rolling.

I will also be hard to miss. My license plate is "Sylvia 2" and here is my build thread. https://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-builds/28552-cntrollerfanboy-s-build-thread.html If you happen to see me then stop by and say hello!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went to the meet last year in KC (Saturday only) and enjoyed hanging out with everyone. I won't be able to make Ohio as I don't have the vacation time available, but recommend it if you can get there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Darts, Driving, and DRINKING. Drinking not before driving of course :)

How the agenda usually rolls.

Friday: • Arrive at hotel - be dumbfounded by so many darts in one spot. Typically accompanied by other angry hotel goers that cannot park close lol
• That night Allen (Yoho the one who created Darts of Merica) usually plans a spot for everyone to go out an eat. Could be a Buffalo Wild wings or something of the sort that can accoodate all of us.
• Meet and greet new and fellow dart friends throughout the day
• Then usually come back to the hotel and party for the night.

Saturday: • Stumble out of the room for complimentary hotel breakfast, and get ready for the main event.
• I forget where the even is, but this is where it's practically a Dart car show. Everyone shows off their car, there are raffles and some vendors show up to sell parts. The event is usually at some place that we can go and do something at. Go karts, bowling, food, etc. It's usually a great time.
• Once the event comes to an end, Allen does the raffle which involves a lot of goodies. Some great sponsors too. Modern Performance, Dart Madness, Cravenspeed, Rally Armor, RokBlokz, EZlip and a crap ton more.
• After the event people typically split up in groups and will do their own thing. They might go downtown, they might go cruising or whatever they want. There is usually a annual "V" picture though at night. This is when we attempt to line up ALL the darts in the "Flying V" picture that we have done pretty much every year. It's very stressful, time consuming, and aggravating usually, so it's up to you if you want to be apart of it. lol If it happens that is.
• Everyone will eventually meet back at the hotel and back to partying!

Sunday: Stumble back out of bed
• Breakfast and goodbyes

There's many different types of Dart people. There's older and there's younger. In terms of mods, there's tasteful, and then there's well...it's their car so they can do whatever they want. lol Don't be afraid to meet new people. We all drive darts and we are all there for one reason. The sheer number of Dart people can be a bit overwhelming, but if you don't know anyone, it will be easy to find some people you can hang with.

If drinking IS your thing, you will find a lot of people to hangout with easily. lol If not then that is okay too. I have been around for too long so I know most of the veterans and have made many friends along the way in the community. I think the best way to not feel awkward would be just start complimenting peoples Dart's. I see you got some subs, I am sure there will be a couple nice set ups at the meet. Some guys are just STUPID tricked out. From lighting mods, to engine mods, to stereo mods. You name it. Everyone has their tastes and I am sure you will find plenty of new Dart friends if you don't know some already :) I am sure there will be some people with mods that you would like to do yourself, so just asking about those can get the ball rolling.

I will also be hard to miss. My license plate is "Sylvia 2" and here is my build thread. https://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-builds/28552-cntrollerfanboy-s-build-thread.html If you happen to see me then stop by and say hello!
Awesome! haha I'm not old enough to drink just yet but that does sound like one hell of a time. unfortunately I didn't know about the meet until yesterday so booking a hotel was a bit out of my price range. So im asking around if people need a roommate on facebook. I made a post about it on the event discussion. Hopefully I can end up going though. I was really excited for a few hours :big smile:

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Awesome! haha I'm not old enough to drink just yet but that does sound like one hell of a time. unfortunately I didn't know about the meet until yesterday so booking a hotel was a bit out of my price range. So im asking around if people need a roommate on facebook. I made a post about it on the event discussion. Hopefully I can end up going though. I was really excited for a few hours :big smile:
Be ready to be very outgoing, because many of the people there are extremely cliquey and don't wanna have anything to do with you if you're not heavily vested in the Facebook group.

Sent using a rotary phone

Reactions: McLabia

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be ready to be very outgoing, because many of the people there are extremely cliquey and don't wanna have anything to do with you if you're not heavily vested in the Facebook group.

I just joined a few days ago. So hopefully I can end up meeting a few good people. The way I see events like this is to have the mindset of "I'll never see these people again so might as well be very outgoing" But I am also bring a friend so I won't be 100% alone. I Found someone willing to let me room so I'm going!

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
I just joined a few days ago. So hopefully I can end up meeting a few good people. The way I see events like this is to have the mindset of "I'll never see these people again so might as well be very outgoing" But I am also bring a friend so I won't be 100% alone. I Found someone willing to let me room so I'm going!
Good! Have a great time! It definitely is a bunch of fun to see all those darts in once place and the things people do with them...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good! Have a great time! It definitely is a bunch of fun to see all those darts in once place and the things people do with them...

I bet! I'm hoping to get some ideas while I'm there. Like the WRX wing. I like the way they look in all the pictures but I would like to see it in person.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
I bet! I'm hoping to get some ideas while I'm there. Like the WRX wing. I like the way they look in all the pictures but I would like to see it in person.
Honestly... I'm not a huge fan. I like the SRT neon wing better.

Reactions: Cntrollerfanboy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts