Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it took a little longer than I planned to get posted but here is a quick over view of the parts/prices we currently have in production for the 1.4 and 2.0. These are all of our web prices, so of course all of you .org members have a bit of a special discount but at least here is some general info and pricing

BigBully Catch Cans

Works on - 1.4/2.0
Cost - $110
What's Included - Mounting brackets, fittings, hose, hardware and 100% solid billet catch can. Everything needed for a long term mod that will save your motor's overall health over the long run.
Material - Billet Alum.
Special Notes - Mount will work on the 2.0, for all you 1.4 guys and gals you will need to get a little creative until we can fit one on a car locally.

Door/Hood and Trunk Props
Works on - 1.4/2.0
Cost - $75 per door set, hood and trunk. All Prices include a logo from our library. Custom cuts are available as well for an additional charge.
Material - Alum.
Special Notes - Discounts apply for a complete package (Fronts/Rears/Hood and Trunk)

Engine Covers
Works on - 1.4 and 2.0
Cost - 1.4 - $175 / 2.0 - $130. All Cutouts from our current library are $25. Custom cuts are available as well for an additional charge.
Material - Alum.
Special Notes -

The 1.4 is built for an OEM intake. I have seen it fitted to a K/N intake but the intake box needed to be modified some. It may work with other intakes but I have not personally verified it.

The 2.0 Cover will only work with the Injen intake system. It may work with the KN but we have not verified yet.

Right Side Cover

Works on - 1.4 and 2.0
Cost - 1.4 and 2.0 $175. All Cutouts from our current library are $25. Custom cuts are available as well for an additional charge. The cover can also be upgraded from raw steel to Alum. for $30.
Material - Steel with Alum. upgrade available.

Special Notes - When ordering please specify if you are using the OEM hood prop or aftermarket struts. There is an additional cut we will add for the OEM hood prop.

Left Side Cover

Works on - 1.4 and 2.0
Cost - 1.4 and 2.0 $135. The cover can also be upgraded from raw steel to Alum. for $30.
Material - Steel with Alum. upgrade available.

Special Notes - These are fit for the OEM and Injen Intakes only. Some modification may be required for other intake brands.

For more pics/options and info, please check us out here -> Dodge Dart

Feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] for any questions or quotes when you are ready to place your order.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Only question I have is with how hot this engine gets....will the covers make it hotter or just will not be able to touch the covers for a few hours after driving?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The covers actually work as a heat sink and cool the bay faster as there is more surface area with the covers on to transfer the heat to the air that passes through the bay.

I wouldn't suggest doing a road race then immediately touching them, but within 15 minutes they should be just fine to touch, play with, remove or even fondle if that's your thing. lol.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Hmm, any suggestions for where the catch can could go on a 1.4? I'll take one in a hearbeat, but not if I can't install it anywhere.
Not with a stock airbox. With a SRI or CAI, there's more room.

Speaking of CAI/sri - the 1.4L passenger side was built on the OEM intake. I know the aftermarket intakes are larger in diameter, so I am not 100% sure that will fit. The 2L one will, it was designed to work with injen and stock box.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
What does catch can do? Can you post bigger pic with 2.0 black injen installed?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@WhiteRallyNova - We have 2 mounts I would send you. They are both pretty universal. I know there is a spot on there somewhere. I just need to get under the hood of one to find it.

·
Premium Member
5,962 Posts
What about the hose lines?
the hose lines hook to the intake or rather the lines coming off the intake - kinda like putting this in the middle between that line, with one line running to the intake and the line that was originally running to the intake now runs to the catch can. not sure if i explained that right, i have the picture in my head, just not sure if i put it to words in a way that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
5,962 Posts
Can you guys lay carbon fiber? I'd LOVE to see more carbon fiber pieces being made for the Dart, especially the engine bay.

The front big plastic part over the radiator would look AWESOME in carbon fiber. I'm sure suzq could throw together a quick photoshop. :)
hmm, I am thinking I may like the idea putting CF on the left and right side pieces... hmm.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Google "hydro-coating", there should be some in your area. I had already asked my guy if he could coat these pieces and answered with a "Yeah" !!

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Can you guys lay carbon fiber? I'd LOVE to see more carbon fiber pieces being made for the Dart, especially the engine bay.

The front big plastic part over the radiator would look AWESOME in carbon fiber. I'm sure suzq could throw together a quick photoshop. :)
we discussed doing this in metal; but it's not feasible with all of the complex curves, and there isn't really a way to decrease that, the hood goes exactly where those curves are.

I think yours would look cool if you continued your Mopar stripe over it though. (and maybe into the center piece of your crosshair, too)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts