Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else having this issue with the 1.4T? Oil is leaking onto the manifold. I've read of a couple other instances....the oil seperator is the plastic box over the back right of the valve cover over the plug, etc....I will be on my 2nd O ring replacement.... thanks for any feedback in advance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anybody else having this issue with the 1.4T? Oil is leaking onto the manifold. I've read of a couple other instances....the oil seperator is the plastic box over the back right of the valve cover over the plug, etc....I will be on my 2nd O ring replacement.... thanks for any feedback in advance.
I just got a new separator and o ring yesterday. The separator took 5 days to get in but it's a no brainer to get it swapped under warranty. It's plastic, I'd be willing to bet it's warped.

image-2248024830.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is this easily changed with basic mechanical ability? and do you have to change the whole thing or can i just swap the o ring?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Just change the o-ring. NeedsWings sells a Viton replacement that works. It's very easy to change.

NeedsWings Performance Products. Viton O-Ring for Oil Separator
YEP YEP YEP! Or if you dont wanna wait for the shipping, go see your local Fiat dealer and tell them the o-ring on the PCV of the 1.4T engine is leaking... They will know exactly what you are talking about! It happens a lot! And the new o-rings are thicker and will seal great! I changed mine a long time ago and still no leaks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts