Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share my thoughts about our new 2019 Ram 1500 truck. It's got the V6 with the E-Torque hybrid system, and uses the 8 speed automatic transmission. I drove it 500 miles this past weekend on an extended road trip and overall I really like it compared to the Dart. It's super comfortable, the interior is HUGE, and it has alot of cool options. It also has the optional towing package with 3.55 gears. I haven't driven a base Ram with the 3.23 gearing so I cannot compare them, but this truck is pretty quick for a heavy pig of it's size. I would say it's right on par with my Dart, somewhere in the mid 7 second 0-60 range. It also sounds very beefy and throaty for a V6, totally different than the V6 sound of our Dodge Journey SUV.

I would consider trading the Dart for a Ram, however I am the type of person who prefers smaller vehicles so I am going to wait and pray the Dodge Dakota returns. If it doesn't, I will most likely end up with a Toyota Tacoma.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the Ram, it far exceeded my expectations for a full size pickup truck.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
My 2018 Ram 1500 also has the 3.6 V6 with 3.55 rear end. It also has the limited slip diff. We are extremely happy with it and are amazed it always gets 20 to 25 mpgs. It is almost too big. We used to have a '03 Dakota but the rust was too much and we could not keep waiting for the next Dakota. I am not tall and need a small step stool to get into the bed. We have the factory side steps and factory tonneau.

It's actually a 1 of 1 build.
According to our records, there was 1 Ram 1500 Tradesman Regular Cab 6'4" Box 4X4 unit built in Delmonico Red Pearl Coat paint and equipped with Black/Diesel Gray Cloth 40/20/40 Bench Seat,
Protection Group, Chrome Appearance Group, Popular Equipment Group, Tradesman Package,
Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, 8-Speed Automatic 845RE Transmission, 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine, Wheel to Wheel Side Steps, Single Disc Remote CD Player, Uconnect 3.0 Radio and 17X7.0 Aluminum Wheels for the 2018 model year.

·
Registered
727 Posts
19 RAM is a gret driving truck. I used my dads for an trip last December and got pretty decent gas mileage. One of the reasons why the v6 in the ram sounds different then the journey is due to it being a slightly different engine, it got an update at some point

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And we already have had our first failure at 2,700 miles on the odometer. They are going to be replacing the hybrid battery. It was causing the engine to stall at low speeds.

I still like it overall though, gotta take the good with the bad.

·
Registered
727 Posts
And we already have had our first failure at 2,700 miles on the odometer. They are going to be replacing the hybrid battery. It was causing the engine to stall at low speeds.

I still like it overall though, gotta take the good with the bad.
Just one of those things that will take time. First year truck with a first year "hybrid" system that is all new

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just one of those things that will take time. First year truck with a first year "hybrid" system that is all new
I think it was due to the fact that the truck was a leftover 2019 model sitting on the lot for a long time. Pretty sure the battery just suffered from battery drain before we got it.

Some of the equipment I use at work has lithium-ion batteries. These also suffer from battery drain when not used and in some instances will not charge after being plugged into the outlet.

·
Premium Member
6,075 Posts
I think it was due to the fact that the truck was a leftover 2019 model sitting on the lot for a long time. Pretty sure the battery just suffered from battery drain before we got it.

Some of the equipment I use at work has lithium-ion batteries. These also suffer from battery drain when not used and in some instances will not charge after being plugged into the outlet.
I work for a medical device manufacturer, and we make lithium batteries. They ship with a big a sticker with a "Charge By" date. You don't want to ignore that sticker.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Virtually all the new mid-sized pickups out there are still pretty massive compared to the Chevy S-10s and Ford Rangers of old. A new Dodge Dakota sounds good but it would probably be another bloated pig like the rest of them out there. They're also so ridiculously expensive. I could use a pickup, but I'm almost inclined to find myself an older Ranger or Tacoma. Unfortunately when you find a used pickup for sale most of the time it looks like it was used to haul ten-ton rocks everywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts