Dodge Dart Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 251 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
jsblanch

I'm really anxious to have more details about the SRT once additional info. is released.
It can be tough to put out a Dart SRT and carve down the price tag.
The "Core" model of the SRT models available in the U.S. market are attractive as you're getting all the performance and nothing more.
This lessens the blow of the cost, may be an option down the road for all markets and SRT models...
Yeah, but we're in Canada, and they don't usually offer as much variety on "premium" models like SRT. The Dart SRT will probably be sold with more standard equipment here, and obviously fewer options. Add on the "cars are more expensive in Canada because F-U you filthy Canadians, your government doesn't care about anti-competitive price gouging" fee and it will definitely be too rich for my paycheck. To keep it in perspective, my loaded 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT had an MSRP of CAD $30K. Of course, the pricing has changed, because a loaded 2014 Dart Limited/GT is about $29K (yeah, I know, I have the "expensive" turbo, but still, I don't have snazzy leather seats or the fancy "technology group").

·
Registered
277 Posts
The relaunched dart will launch as a 2017 model year vehicle even though itll be available to purchase in mid/late 2016....regarding trims, using the charger and challenger as examples, the new dart will likely have 2 trims. Hopefully a "core" trim like the challenger and another fully loaded option. A mid trim is possible due to the dart being a more "accessible" vehicle compared to the charger and challenger... Lets not even consider a dart srt hellcat (evil grin)

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Dunno if they'll do that with Dart; but we'll see. The Challenger is the only one with two SRT trims. The Charger is likely to get the Hellcat trim too, but IDK about the Dart, Journey replacement, Jeep or 300.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dunno if they'll do that with Dart; but we'll see. The Challenger is the only one with two SRT trims. The Charger is likely to get the Hellcat trim too, but IDK about the Dart, Journey replacement, Jeep or 300.
The Challenger a modern muscle car. Of all Dodge's vehicles, its the most worthy. The Charger is a midsize sedan with a muscle car name. I wouldnt be surprised if they left it how it was. The Dart, in my opinion, is the true successor of the Neon (which sparked the srt movement in everyday Chrysler vehicles)....b/c of that, i could see Dodge "blessing" the Dart with something special. The cool thing about the Challenger Hellcat is its just the red keyfob that unlocks the extra 200hp. With the black kf, the engine only makes 25hp more than the n/a 6.4L hemi. I dont see Dodge devoting an entirely new engine to a Hellcat Dart, but maybe a bigger turbo, injectors, and an aggressive ecu tune (all unlocked by a special kf). Dodge has built a car with the most powerful mass produced v8 in the world in the Challenger Hellcat. I think it would be cool if they conquered the sport compact segment in the same way. Who makes the most powerful 4 cylinder car right now? Is it Mercedes with that 350hp AMG 4 cyl?

·
Registered
130 Posts
They will prolly have two trims.
1st FWD single turbo.
2nd AWD twin turbo
With the fwd around 280 comparable to wrx at stock
The AWD might push mid 300s in my opinion close to 400 but prolly starting at

·
Registered
283 Posts
Personally I think it is to early to get excited and celebrate the Dart SRT. Business plans and proposals are just that a plan or proposal. That doesn't mean they are set in stone. If the Dart does not start to sell better it may suffer the same fate as the Magnum (3 years), Nitro and Caliber (5years).

The Dodge Neon had a pretty decent 10 year life but the SRT4 only had two years I think.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Personally I think it is to early to get excited and celebrate the Dart SRT. Business plans and proposals are just that a plan or proposal. That doesn't mean they are set in stone. If the Dart does not start to sell better it may suffer the same fate as the Magnum (3 years), Nitro and Caliber (5years).

The Dodge Neon had a pretty decent 10 year life but the SRT4 only had two years I think.
You have to have a smaller car in your lineup (whether its the Dart or something else). Yes, nothing is guaranteed. We're still 2yrs away from the planned relaunch of the Dart. We all know these things, but that shouldnt stop anyone from getting excited or speculating details...Regarding current Dart sales...Yes, they could be alot better. Its hard to make an extended/expansion business case for a model that isnt currently selling well. I will say that the Dart is still new to the scene. Its up against host of other cars that have been around a long time (civic, corolla, focus, elantra etc). Its tough for an automaker to come in see instant success in a competitive market.

·
Registered
283 Posts
You have to have a smaller car in your lineup (whether its the Dart or something else). Yes, nothing is guaranteed. We're still 2yrs away from the planned relaunch of the Dart. We all know these things, but that shouldnt stop anyone from getting excited or speculating details...Regarding current Dart sales...Yes, they could be alot better. Its hard to make an extended/expansion business case for a model that isnt currently selling well. I will say that the Dart is still new to the scene. Its up against host of other cars that have been around a long time (civic, corolla, focus, elantra etc). Its tough for an automaker to come in see instant success in a competitive market.
So true and it seems that GM and Dodge cannot keep a smaller car in their lineup like Honda, Toyota and Ford etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
They will prolly have two trims.
1st FWD single turbo.
2nd AWD twin turbo
With the fwd around 280 comparable to wrx at stock
The AWD might push mid 300s in my opinion close to 400 but prolly starting at
Just going off of the slide, the SRT model is AWD only and I bet the FWD turbo will end up being the new GT (or R/T if they go that route), but I think the SRT will still be a 4 cylinder. Dropping in a twin turbo Pentastar would make it way too expensive/heavy and doesn't fit the character of the car. However, I can see there being two SRT trims, much like the Core and Premium models for the other SRT vehicles. I just think they may do it a little differently from previous ones. There was a Neon SRT4 ACR so I could see Dodge making a "Dart SRT Core" with a Dart SRT ACR sacrificing some comfort and features to focus more on handling and performance, more so than the current Core models do (which are really just filling in a price gap if we're being honest).

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Just going off of the slide, the SRT model is AWD only and I bet the FWD turbo will end up being the new GT (or R/T if they go that route), but I think the SRT will still be a 4 cylinder. Dropping in a twin turbo Pentastar would make it way too expensive/heavy and doesn't fit the character of the car. However, I can see there being two SRT trims, much like the Core and Premium models for the other SRT vehicles. I just think they may do it a little differently from previous ones. There was a Neon SRT4 ACR so I could see Dodge making a "Dart SRT Core" with a Dart SRT ACR sacrificing some comfort and features to focus more on handling and performance, more so than the current Core models do (which are really just filling in a price gap if we're being honest).
Who ever said anything about a twin-turbo Pentastar? The 3.6L Pentastar in my Grand Caravan makes 283hp already. A properly tuned twin-turbo version would be absolutely insane. I'm not sure what the output would be, but I'm guessing at least 600hp if you're going to put that much work into it. That would be ridiculous in the Dart. Also, I don't think it would fit.

·
Registered
277 Posts
A twin turbo v6 would be overkill, but it may fit inside the engine bay of the dart. Afterall, the 15 Chrysler 200 has a pentastar in it. The extra space needed for turbos, intercooler and plumbing would make for a very tight fit though. Theyd have to be very creative with packaging. A turbo pentastar would prob be designed to put out 400-425hp stock. This has me thinking now... This may be a viable oprion for r/t chargers and challengers (replacing the 5.7L hemi). Magazines praise that engine, but to me the output seems a bit underwhelming (370hp out of such a large v8)....Back to the srt dart though. I agree with Smithkey08 concerning how the entire dart lineup could be structured once the relaunch happens. Theres current 5 dart trims. There could be 2 r/t trims and atleast 2 srt trims. Thats nearly 10 potential dart variations based on current options! Im confident the aero dart will get axed and maybe even the se. The sxt can be the entry level (like the challenger). 6-7 dart configurations seems more realistic. 3 n/a trims (sxt, gt?, limited), 2 fwd turbo trims (acr, r/t) & 2 awd turbo trims (core srt, srt limited)

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
A twin turbo v6 would be overkill, but it may fit inside the engine bay of the dart. Afterall, the 15 Chrysler 200 has a pentastar in it. The extra space needed for turbos, intercooler and plumbing would make for a very tight fit though. Theyd have to be very creative with packaging. A turbo pentastar would prob be designed to put out 400-425hp stock. This has me thinking now... This may be a viable oprion for r/t chargers and challengers (replacing the 5.7L hemi). Magazines praise that engine, but to me the output seems a bit underwhelming (370hp out of such a large v8)....Back to the srt dart though. I agree with Smithkey08 concerning how the entire dart lineup could be structured once the relaunch happens. Theres current 5 dart trims. There could be 2 r/t trims and atleast 2 srt trims. Thats nearly 10 potential dart variations based on current options! Im confident the aero dart will get axed and maybe even the se. The sxt can be the entry level (like the challenger). 6-7 dart configurations seems more realistic. 3 n/a trims (sxt, gt?, limited), 2 fwd turbo trims (acr, r/t) & 2 awd turbo trims (core srt, srt limited)
The new 200 is noticeably larger than the Dart, and definitely belongs to the mid-sized category of vehicles. As for forced induction Pentastar, I've never seen a turbo on one, but there is a supercharger kit available. It was developed for Jeeps, but should work as well on any 3.6L Pentastar. The problem, of course, is that in most applications the engine tuning is just as locked down as the Dart's, so it is not easy to tune the engine. Also, the automatic transmissions usually attached to Pentastars will die under that kind of duress. But I can dream of supercharging my Grand Caravan, right? :) As for the Dart, I see SXT being the low-end 2.4L volume model (w/ optional Rallye and Blacktop packages, which may include their own unique badges to look like different trims), GT (low-output 2.0T), and SRT (high-output 2.0T or 2.4T). With Dodge being realigned as a "sport" marque, they'll probably drop the luxury-oriented Limited altogether (presumably there will be a comparable Chrysler model to fill that slot). That should cover everything.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I really hope that they go through with this plan. I am really looking forward to the DSRT and cannot wait to own one if they go through with it. Very excited about this and hope they don't let us all down.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The new 200 is noticeably larger than the Dart, and definitely belongs to the mid-sized category of vehicles. As for forced induction Pentastar, I've never seen a turbo on one, but there is a supercharger kit available. It was developed for Jeeps, but should work as well on any 3.6L Pentastar. The problem, of course, is that in most applications the engine tuning is just as locked down as the Dart's, so it is not easy to tune the engine. Also, the automatic transmissions usually attached to Pentastars will die under that kind of duress. But I can dream of supercharging my Grand Caravan, right? :) As for the Dart, I see SXT being the low-end 2.4L volume model (w/ optional Rallye and Blacktop packages, which may include their own unique badges to look like different trims), GT (low-output 2.0T), and SRT (high-output 2.0T or 2.4T). With Dodge being realigned as a "sport" marque, they'll probably drop the luxury-oriented Limited altogether (presumably there will be a comparable Chrysler model to fill that slot). That should cover everything.
Oh man my AWD Journey with a Supercharger!! :crazy:

·
Registered
713 Posts

Neon SRT4 had 3 years 2003, 04, 05 the Caliber had 2 years 08 and 09.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The second gen neon ran from 2000-2005. The srt specifically ran from 03-05. Dodge killed the entire platform in 05 (not just the srt4).

·
Registered
207 Posts
If memory serves me right the 2013 GT was released very late in it's MY. Who knows what it will be called 2016, 2017? 😕

41 - 60 of 251 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
250 Replies
61 Participants
suzq044
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing